Website editor and reporter
Lufkin Daily News, Lufkin, TX
Jun 2012 – Sep 2012
At the Lufkin Daily News I was in charge of making certain the website was updated each night and doing general assignments for the newspaper.
Assistant Content Manager
KTBS CHANNEL, Shreveport, LA
2011 – 2011
As the assistant content manager at KTBS Channel 3, I generated and assigned stories for multiple daily shows, constantly updated ktbs.com including writing dozens of articles for the web on an as needed basis as well as helping mentor and monitor journalists with various experience levels. Helping TV journalists write was the most satisfying part of my job at Channel 3 and one of the areas where I felt I truly made a difference. Responsible for bulk of social media updates including Facebook.com and Twitter.com.
Southern Arkansas University, Magnolia, AR
2007 – 2009
- Generated media coverage by distributing press releases and serving as a media liaison;
- Composed copy for monthly faculty/staff bulletin and the alumni office's quarterly magazine, The Stater;
- Provided editing services for all campus communications, including the English department;
- Served as university photographer at majority of campus events;
- Managed additional photographers and student public relations intern each semester;
- Updated university Website with updated releases;
- Worked closely with the Arkansas Association of Public Universities, a group designed to create a stronger voice for higher education issues in the Arkansas Legislature.
"Active Age" Coordinator
Texarkana Gazette, Texarkana, TX
2005 – 2007
newspaper circulation, about 29,000)
- Oversaw all editorial content and produced news and feature articles for Active Age, a monthly magazine for Texarkana citizens age 50 and older.
- Managed a staff of writers, photographers, graphic artists and advertising executives to ensure a perfect product.
Good Shepard Health System, Longview, TX
2003 – 2005
- Generated features and news stories for the bi-monthly newsletter, The Pulse;
- Developed news releases to pitch to the news media and established strong relationships with key reporters in the area;
- Managed Women's Heart Advantage, ClassiCare Senior Program, Emergency/EMS, and Employee Relations;
- Event planning, from crafting the invitation to following up with participants.
Longview News-Journal, Springdale, AR
1998 – 2003
(Estimated circulation of 29,000), Tyler Morning-Telegraph (estimated circulation 34,000), and Arkansas Democrat in Springdale, Arkansas, (estimated 40,000 circulation) the bureau for Arkansas' flagship newspaper, the Arkansas Democrat in Little Rock.