Information Security Analyst
SAIC, Inc, San Antonio, TX
Dec 2010 – Sep 2012
Assess the command's security posture by using eEye's Retina to run automated and adhoc scans on the network systems and workstations, reviewing and evaluating the scan reports, and applying the necessary patches and updates on the equipment using various tools to remotely apply the updates. Work closely with the command Information Assurance Officer (IAO) to respond to Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) announcements, develop mitigation plans and update the Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&M) as necessary, and report command compliance as required. Apply DISA STIGs to network systems and monitor and amend Group Policy Objects (GPOs) and HBSS modules and policies as necessary to ensure a secure computing environment.
- Administer the servers, switches, and file share appliances for NAVMISSA, including VMware ESXi boxes, Cisco switches, Windows 2003 and 2008 R2 servers, and Environmental Monitoring System. Maintain user access controls by creating, modifying, and deleting user accounts, distribution lists, and security groups. Create and modify mailbox capacity, and purge user e-mail accounts as required to comply with established policies. Employ various tools to remotely manage network servers, devices, and workstations for administration, updating, and troubleshooting. Stand up and maintain the WSUS server and implement SMS utilization to allow the automatic deployment of patches and updates. Develop and test server room procedures to be used in conjunction with the command Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) and Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP). Advise the IT Department Head, Director, and Deputy Director regarding server room equipment, procedures, and policies, as well as providing command response to enterprise tasking affecting server or account administration or policies.
- Maintain command infrastructure including CAT 5e cabling for phone and data, coax for cable and wireless Internet, and fiber channel for uplink to the external Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) circuit. Conduct troubleshooting, patching / replacing damaged runs, creating new runs, and overseeing the rewiring project of the existing cabling. Manage the internal phone system by patching existing phone lines to user spaces, moving numbers to follow users when they relocate, troubleshoot local phone problems and interact with technical support personnel at Fort Sam Houston and TW Telecom as needed.
Letter of Appreciation NAVMISSA Commanding Officer July 2012
Letter of Appreciation NAVMISSA IT Department Head April 2011
Information Assurance Specialist
Smartronix, Inc, Hollywood, MD
Jul 2009 – Dec 2010
Performed regular security and vulnerability audits using Retina and DISA Gold Disk scanning. Validated the application of STIGs, patches, and updates on system workstations, routers, and servers by the system administrators. Managed IA personnel in the performance of IAVM tasks. Provided guidance to program management, system engineers and system administrators regarding IA, vulnerability management, security requirements and implementation, and software approval.
- Reviewed program documentation and procedures for accuracy and completeness from an IA perspective. Developed Certification & Accreditation (C&A) documents, IAVM plan, Memorandum of Agreement (MOA), Privacy Impact Assessments (PIA), and Sustainability and Supportability verification letters for client systems.
- Interfaced with NAVAIR Deputy CIO IA staff, Navy Operational Designated Approving Authority (ODAA) staff, Special Operations Command (SOCOM) program management, Air Force Special Operations Command (AFSOC), Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC) and local program personnel to accredit systems and support system testing and deliveries.
Information Security Analyst
SAIC, Inc, Lexington Park, MD
Jun 2005 – Jul 2009
Provided support for the NAVAIR Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Business Office and the E-2C Hawkeye program office in the preparation of IA and Clinger - Cohen Act (CCA) Compliance documentation such as the System Security Authorization Agreement (SSAA) for the servers and administrative workstations, mission computer system and aircraft platform. Prepared and got signed MOAs to support developmental testing of the E-2C systems. Interfaced with the NAVAIR Deputy CIO IA personnel in support of the programs' objectives and goals such as accreditation requirements for the Solaris workstations and servers, mission computer and platform. Coordinated IAVM compliance with the various system administrators, and reported system compliance to the DoN via the Online Compliance Reporting System (OCRS). Coordinated and reviewed system scans to ensure IAVM compliance. Provided guidance to business office personnel in matters pertaining to information security, including personally identifiable information (PII).
- Provided short-term support to the NAVAIR Survivability and Lethality Lab and to the NAVAIR Security Office Foreign Disclosure Office to setup, repair, and accredit multiple classified workstations for each group. Performed system patching and operating system (OS) hardening, software installation, and coordinated system scans with AIS and NAVAIR 7.2.6 personnel. Performed unclassified and classified data recovery from a classified hard drive.
Letter of Appreciation NAVAIR Sigma ERP Program Mgr March 2010
Employee of the Month EMA (SAIC subsidiary) July 2008
Regional Information Systems Security Administrator
Jul 2004 – Jun 2005
Interpreted Navy information security policies for the various commands located within the National Capital Region (NCR) and the North Eastern United States, and coordinated enforcement among approximately 30 local Information Systems Security Administrators (ISSAs) across the northeast region. Provided security and IA guidance for team members across the northeast region. Coordinated security efforts between the various contract partners, site management, other RISSAs, and the government customers.
- Responded to information security events such as rogue computers, inappropriate user activity, and classified spillage at Patuxent River NAS. Provided on call 24 / 7 support as needed for Patuxent River NAS security events. Tracked key elements for contract reporting and billing.
- Participated in enterprise level management meetings to discuss corporate and contractual issues. Coordinated training and associated travel for the ISSAs within my region. Tracked time off and ensured that coverage levels were maintained across the region. Created an Access database to track and simplify information being reported in various spreadsheets.
Certificate of Achievement Raytheon January 2005
Information Systems Security Administrator
Aug 2003 – Jul 2004
Interpreted Navy information security policies for the various commands and offices located within the NCR. Coordinated efforts between team members in different disciplines - security administrators, system administrators, firewall administrators, local elements (crypto), local registration authority (PKI) - in the support of Navy customers across the Washington metropolitan area.
- Responded to information security events such as rogue computers, inappropriate user activity, and classified spillage across the NCR. Coordinated on call 24 / 7 support for NCR maintenance and security events. Tracked key elements for contract reporting and billing. Perform administrative and maintenance duties for various boundary firewalls, routers and intrusion detection systems. Coordinate and support tasking performed by visiting scan team, test (red) team, or vendor personnel.
- As the alternate security officer for the project, performed duties such as ensuring physical security of the server farm and work spaces was maintained, changing the combination to the server farm doors as required, training personnel and granting or removing access to the spaces, monitoring the logs and video records as required, ensuring proper operation of the environmental and power conditioning systems, and ensuring that all personnel are briefed on the procedures associated with physical security.
- Prioritized job tasks and assigned team personnel accordingly. Tracked and reported personnel leave requests. Ensured evening maintenance periods are covered with minimal impact to daytime support requirements. Responded to data calls by the regional office and collected, collated, and reported information in a timely manor.
Boundary Hardware Administrator
Mar 2003 – Aug 2003
Maintained and administered a variety of firewalls, routers and intrusion detection systems, both legacy as well as new installs, at multiple commands and offices across the Washington metropolitan area. Updated security policies on firewalls and routers. Monitored firewall and router logs for signs of resource abuse or attempted penetrations. Performed routine and emergency maintenance on firewalls, routers and intrusion detection systems.
Systems Integration Specialist
Lockheed Martin Co, Lexington Park, MD
Nov 1999 – Dec 2002
Raytheon, Lexington Park, MD
Aug 1997 – Nov 1999
Help Desk Manager / System Administrator
Tracor, Inc, California, MD
Mar 1996 – Jul 1997
Operations Instructor / Nuclear Plant Operator
Baltimore Gas & Electric Co, Lusby, MD
Jul 1989 – Jan 1996
Senior Plant Operator
Long Island Lighting Co, Hauppauge, NY
Mar 1987 – Jul 1989
Shutdown Reactor Operator / Reactor Operator Instructor
United States Navy
Jul 1980 – Nov 1986