Sony Network Entertainment International [SNEI], Los Angeles, CA
Jul 2009 – Dec 2010
Sony is one of the world’s most comprehensive entertainment companies producing consumer electronics, movies, TV, music, video games and a host of online services and applications available globally across millions of networked devices.
Reporting to the Director and VP of Marketing & Programming, I managed the marketing strategy and execution of all on and offline campaigns for SNEI's streaming and PlayStation video store services in the US and Canada. I also had the pleasure of directly managing our marketing specialist and 40+ major film studio and TV network accounts. Working as a dynamic team, we collaborated with our external partners and Sony's internal programming, content ops, creative & legal teams to effectively procure and merchandise a variety of blockbuster releases, hit TV shows, popular anime, music and sports content on the service.
* Developed creative and compelling marketing campaigns for new content, seasonal offers and catalog titles that resulted in over a 100% average increase ($1.5 million to over $3 million) in monthly sales.
* Expanded brand recognition and awareness of PlayStation video service by effectively leveraging PlayStation.com, social networking sites, PR, consumer and industry entertainment events, retail opportunities & partner channels that doubled traffic from 50K to 100K visitors per day within first year.
* Instrumental in developing co-branded campaigns that generated 1000% percent lift in sales, significantly increasing the number of quality titles on the service and incorporating a strong PlayStation branding presence opposite iTunes and Xbox on partner sites.
* Trained and managed marketing specialist so she was empowered to execute a challenging mix of weekly updates across all marketing channels, collaborate with our small-medium sized partners and confidently assist in navigating the internal politics involved with launching new marketing campaigns and stores (Canada video store-opened 7/1/2010).
* Acted in a production capacity for PlayStation's daily coverage of 2010 San Diego Comic-Con managing camera crew and production teams to capture compelling interviews with A-list talent, complete final edits and coordinate immediate broadcast on YouTube & PlayStation® where we achieved 100K+ views.
* Worked closely with our acquisition and international business development team to assist the close of new partnerships and lead the timely launch of new applications (e.g. Hulu Plus, MLB Live).
Sales Strategy & Marketing Manager
VEOH NETWORKS, San Diego, CA
Jul 2008 – Jul 2009
Veoh is a video network backed by Michael Eisner and Goldman Sachs with a worldwide user-base of over 12.5 million viewers on veoh.com. Similar to YouTube, the site features millions of online videos including user-generated content, free TV shows, movies, and music.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Sales Strategy, I provided marketing leadership to our business development teams across the US in support of Veoh's monetization efforts. In addition to creating presentations demonstrating Veoh's desirable demographics and engagement levels for an array of online advertising proposals, I led brainstorming meetings for new ad products and brand environments we could pitch to media agencies. Working closely with our design, engineering and ad trafficking teams, I was accountable for ensuring we could effectively deliver any products we intended to pitch. I was also entrusted with leading the close and launch strategy for our largest ad campaigns due to my expertise with the nuances of the site and eye for detail.
* Developed well-researched and attractive sales presentations that garnered over $2M in online revenue.
* Provided key input to executive teams and collaborated with design, engineering & ad ops teams to create and implement innovative ad products, branded environments and site enhancements that increased user engagement and content support from premiere TV networks & anime providers.
* Secured repeat business with agency partners representing a wide-range of prominent consumer product & entertainment clients by effectively managing complex ad buys from early stage proposal to final delivery (including a highly lucrative HD campaign with Sony, several six-figure deals with Unilever, Verizon, Best Buy and Lexus as well as a variety of hit TV show and theatrical release ad campaigns).
Affinity Partnerships Manager
DIRECTV, Los Angeles, CA
Jan 2008 – Jun 2008
DIRECTV is America's #1 satellite TV service, transmitting digital satellite television to over 19.2M households in the United States, Latin America and the Caribbean.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, my role involved developing strategic alliances with well-known consumer product and financial services partners to create targeted marketing campaigns driving increased DIRECTV activations. I was also responsible for managing the team's sales objectives, budget, reporting, call center communications and marketing touch points for DIRECTV's successful Customer Referral program, which enabled current subscribers to lower their bill by referring friends to activate new service.
* Drove 90% of the Affinity team's annual call center activations, managing DIRECTV's Customer Referral and affiliate programs with partners including AMEX, Dell, and Tranzact.
* Directly managed the launch of a new referral program that offered DIRECTV installers incentives for activations resulting from tagged 'Ambassador' materials distributed at installation visits. I provided strategic and tactical leadership for all aspects of the program (from the budget to creation of branding & style guidelines, copy and user flow for the online portal, all consumer & internal facing program materials, as well as clarification & refinement of legal requirements, tracking and reporting systems).
Acquisition Marketing Manager
DIRECTV, Los Angeles, CA
May 2007 – Jan 2008
Reporting to the Senior Manager, my role involved managing the development of national marketing campaigns for commercial, consumer electronic and independent dealer distribution channels. Day-to-day responsibilities included managing budgets, timelines, creative, procurement and fulfillment of materials for dealers, trade shows and guerilla marketing events. I also managed the development of DIRECTV's commercial advertising for NFL, NASCAR & March Madness sports packages.
* Organized design and fulfillment of quarterly marketing materials to 15,000 points of distribution across the US, ensuring timely launch of advanced products, new programming collateral and point-of-sale materials to 'Big Box' CE retail chains and independent dealers.
* Consistently came in under budget and delivered ahead of schedule by developing strong vendor relationships with a number of creative and fulfillment agencies and by proactively eliminating spending redundancies discovered across a number of our divisions.
Key Accounts Director
AIRBORNE ONE, Los Angeles, CA
Oct 2006 – May 2007
Airborne 1 is a venture backed laser mapping firm delivering digital mapping services to clients including Google, USGS, FEMA, property development and city planning companies.
Reporting directly to the CEO, I established the business development strategy for our key accounts division indentifying target markets, pricing strategy, promotions and sales forecasts. I also managed a small team of Key Accounts managers in successfully driving a 123% increase in annual revenue from our targeted accounts. I also initiated and led the creation of the company's formal sales policy, including customer interface, systems training and performance management guidelines.
Key Accounts Manager
AIRBORNE ONE, Los Angeles, CA
May 2006 – Oct 2006
Reporting to Key Accounts Director, I managed sales for assigned accounts and regions, fostering repeat business through proactive outreach and competitive proposal submissions. Responsibilities included cross-functional management of operations and finance teams to ensure client expectations were met for signed projects including budgets, time-line and quality control.
Marketing Communications Manager
AIRBORNE ONE, Los Angeles, CA
Mar 2004 – May 2006
Supported Marketing Director in developing and executing targeted marketing campaigns including direct mail, ad buys, press releases, trade show events and PR to deliver greater market share and effectively promote Airborne 1's mapping services, software packages, resale data and LiDAR assets.
* Composed articles for industry magazines, online journals and company website pages producing positive publicity, new business alliances and inbound sales opportunities.
* Renovated Airborne 1's CRM database, facilitating cohesive internal communication, strengthened client relationships and greater ROI tracking for the marketing and sales departments.