10 Sep, 2005
- AL Magwa Engineering & . Co. / State of Kuwait, Ahmadi.
Location: Kuwait Oil Company (K.O.C.).
Position: Project Engineer.
For Painting production facilities in west Kuwait using sand, grid blasting M/C, Power tool cleaning for service preparation, Painting, Scaffolding for all, gathering centers including separator vessels tanks & storage tanks.
- Project: Tank Maintenance, Cleaning, Repair, Fiber glassing and painting works at three KNPC refineries.
- Location: Kuwait national petroleum company (K.N.P.C.), Mina Abdullah refinery&Mina Ahmadi refinery (Contract # CB 1218).
- Position: Mechanical Engineer.
Tank maintenance activities such as
- Bottom mechanical repair of Tanks (Complete Re-bottoming -
Double contamination and patching)
- Roof repairs (Fixed & Floating roof tanks).
- Structural/ or truss repairs of fixed roof tanks.
- Tank shell repair and replacement.
- Foundation construction and repair.
- Application of fiberglass lining (fiberglass-matt & tissue, chopped fiberglass and
- Tank Jacking (lifting of tanks by hydraulic jacks).
- Pipeline maintenance of (foaming system, and sample points).
- Internal & External Painting of Tanks.
- Abrasive blasting (White metal, near white metal, commercial, and brush off
Blasting) of internal and external surfaces.
- Preparing (TBE) Technical Bid Evaluation for the raw materials, pipes, sheets, valves, components, tools, machines, electrodes, fittings required for fabrication and erection of any static equipment, also evaluate proposals, tank original design calculations received from client.
- Preparing material take off (MTO), MR (material request), following up and reviewing MTC (material testing certification) received from vendors, MIR (Material Inspection Request), following up material procurement process, that before using material in fabrication.
- Reviewing all drawings, of the project (p& ID drawings, isometric, support drawings, piping plan,
- Weld map drawings, platform assembly drawings, fabrication drawings, and also reviewing
- Evaluating design calculations of steel sheets/piping system and static equipment of project.
- Reviewing WPS before executing welding works as per AWS, KNPC, API code, evaluating
- Fabrication or erection documents like (fit up inspection request, fabrication request, and RFI request for inspection, (VT, DPT, RT, UT, and MT).
- Reviewing hydro test package.
- Following up hydro test process of Tanks.
- Establish scope of work, cost & lead time estimate, shutdown Requirements.
- Tank maintenance activities such as:-
- Complete Re-bottoming of Tanks
- Roof repairs of Fixed & Floating roof tanks
- Structural repairs of fixed roof tanks
- Application of internal fiberglass lining
- Internal & External Painting of Tanks
- Abrasive blasting and sweep blasting of internal and external surfaces
- Re-Calibration of Tanks etc.
- Developing Method and Sequence of Maintenance operations, Review of labor, material, equipment and Technical challenges, Monitoring progress throughout the project and Assisting Cost Budgets, Preparing budget requests and administer adopted budget in assigned areas of responsibility, Determining appropriate codes, regulations and requirements for projects assigned to staff, Representing design team in meetings with consultant engineers, third party agencies, construction project engineers, professional and technical groups and sub-contractors regarding project activities
- Attending progress meetings, submitting daily and weekly reports
- Estimation of variation in scope of work.