Drove growth of the 200+ Long-Term Operating Contracts across North America, including Build-Own-Operate (BOO) and
Operation and Maintenance Service Agreements in the industrial market. Applications include: treatment/production of process water,
complex wastewater, and recycle/reuse. Markets served: power, chemicals/glass/fertilizers, petrochemical, oil & gas, food &
beverage, metals & mining. Portfolio value of $50M, divided into $30M BOO and $20M in Service Contracts.
- Generated (124+) long-term operating contracts proposals, ranging in size from 100 to 4000 gallons/minute, for industrial water and wastewater, ranging in value from $85K to $116M, each. Commercial Offerings: (73) BOO, (29) Service Contracts, (16)
capital with service, (6) capital sale. Markets: 34% for power, 29% for chemicals/glass/fertilizers, 10.5% petrochemical, 7% oil and gas, 6.5% food & beverage, 6.5% metals & mining.
- Booked (22) long-term operating contracts consisting of (11) renewals and (11) new, worth $13.2 in contract value. Markets:
60% power, remaining across others. Commercial Offering Distribution:
o (9) BOO worth $7M, (6) renewals, (3) new: (5) power, (2) petrochemical, (2) chemicals/glass/fertilizer
o (13) Service Contracts worth $6.2M: (5) renewals, (8) new: (8) power, (1) manufacturing electrical and electronics, (1)
chemicals/gas/fertilizers, (1) oil and gas, (1) manufacturing metals finishing, (1) food.
- Collaborated with regional sales teams consisting of 80+ across sales engineers, sales managers, service managers, business unit
managers, application engineers, contract managers, and financial managers.
- Managed the lead qualification/commercial discovery process to determine bid/no bid decisions.
- Provided commercial and technical direction to sales and applications engineering to develop proposal content.
- Developed and presented proposals, including executive summary, pricing details, performance guarantees, clarifications and exceptions to the specifications, terms and conditions. Incorporated technical content from applications engineering team.
- Collaborated with legal/contract managers to ensure that terms and conditions reflect the proposed commercial and technical
offering agreed upon with customer.
- Developed and maintained templates (proposals, presentations, etc) and sales tools to support applications engineering/sales
teams in selling efforts.
- Generated reports on contract renewals, hot prospects, won, and lost opportunities.
- Coordinated Build-Own-Operate project funding with Siemens Financial Services and Corporate Finance.
- Utilized and maintained accuracy of the discounted cash flow model and other pricing models, including structuring of the monthly pricing, buyout tables, cancellation tables, and make vs. buy analysis.
- Managed the Limits of Authority / Offer Release Process for firm bids.
- Present and explain the Build Own Operate financial arrangement with customers and internal Siemens personnel.
- Utilized Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) rules to the classification of operating leases and service agreements.
Process Applications Engineer - Integrated Solutions (1 year) Warrendale, PA
Provided process applications engineering and sales support for the sale of industrial water and wastewater treatment solutions,
globally. Technologies used: clarification, lime softening, filtration, membrane separation, and ion exchange. Markets served:
power, chemicals, and mining. Applications include: process water treatment, industrial wastewater recycle and reuse, complex
wastewater. Commercial offering: integrated system supply, turnkey installation, build-own-operate.
- Generated (16) technical/commercial proposals (40-18,000 gallons/minute) for capital equipment sale of industrial water and wastewater capital equipment, ranging in price from $0.9M to $43.5M, each. Markets: 75% for power, 25% for chemicals.
- Booked capital equipment sale orders: (1) power plant worth $2.6M, (1) chemical company worth $2.3M.
- Worked with the sales team to identify customer's needs, reviewed customer technical specifications, developed technical
proposals for water and wastewater treatment solutions, prepared technical presentations for customer meetings and provided
process applications support to the engineering and project management team during project execution.
- Performed process design, process flow diagrams, mass balances, system performance projections, equipment selection, cost
estimates, pricing, piping and instrumentation diagrams, and general arrangement for equipment layout.
- Developed technical proposals, including process descriptions, scopes of work, equipment lists, performance guarantees,
clarifications and exceptions to the specifications, and system pricing.
- Prepared for and participate in design reviews and Process Risk Reviews for proposed solutions.
- Presented proposed solutions at customer meetings, including preparation of presentation material.
- Developed project Kickoff Packages and turnover project documentation to the execution team.
- Provided process support to the operations team during project execution.
- Established and maintain customer relationships throughout the proposal development and project execution phases