Reported to the Vice President of ATK Aerospace Systems, Huntsville Space Operations
- Led a diverse team of 13 employees. Developed employee development plans, performed employee evaluations, interviewing and hiring
- Developed and implemented policies and procedures
- Participated in Business Development activities
- Served as proposal volume manager on multi-million dollar proposals
- Managed all aspects of Program Management, Finance, Procurement, Contracts, Configuration Management, Quality, Safety, Scheduling, Facilities and property
- Performed all Finance and Contract activities in support of multi-state locations.
Program Management and Configuration Management
- Managed all Reusable Solid Rocket Motor (Shuttle), ARES and technology programs
- Managed IDIQ/Task Order contracts
- Prepared and presented program and EAC reviews
- Coordinated with operations to ensure milestones were met
- Planned and managed financial, schedule and technical performance.
- Performed Variance Analysis
- Tracked Deliverables and program status
- Submitted monthly and quarterly contract reports to customer
- Managed small and mid-sized proposals
- Presented to NASA customer on Program Status, coordinated with NASA customer on program issues
- Developed and implemented stand alone configuration management system
- Prepared and presented weekly, monthly and quarterly program status reports
- Project Management Certification
Contracts and Procurement
- Managed all aspects of procurement and contracts including procurement quality and sub-contract management
- Cost Plus
- Fixed Price
- IDIQ/Task Order
- Managed 12 year IDIQ contract with over 300 task orders. Submitted monthly and quarterly reports, tracked task order status, performed task order close out.
- Contract Review and approval
- Contract status reporting
- Contract negotiations
- Contract Management Certification
- Developed financial reports to assist management and functional organizations in managing their programs
- Coordinated program plans and budgets for multiple programs
- Performed staffing planning and sales forecasting to ensure the right workforce was in place to perform contracted efforts
- Prepared annual Strategic Plans
- Planned and managed overhead budgets
- Tracked profit and loss for division
- Managed cash flow for division
- Performed proposal pricing and ensured compliance to estimating systems.
- Managed pricing and cost analysts.
- Control Account Manager for ARES.
- Trained personnel in Earned Value Management System, managed EVMS specialist
- Managed all aspects of facilities engineering for research and development facility
- Developed requirements for new facilities and coordinated with engineering on meeting requirements
- Negotiated lease for new facility
Master Scheduling and Property Administration
- Developed resource based master scheduling system. Determined best method and designed system to meet target condition. Implemented work leveling and skill identification scheduling. Reduced overtime by 25%, increased output in machine shop by 30%.
- Managed all aspects of Property administration
Quality and Safety
- Researched available resources to understand ISO9000 requirements. Performed gap analysis of ISO requirements against existing procedures. Led team and participated in writing over 20 new procedures to meet requirements. Responded to requirement to be ISO certified that was flowed down to all NASA contractors with possible loss of future business with NASA if not compliant. Received certification to ISO 9001 six months from initial recommendation.
- Performed ongoing maintenance of Quality System and Audit performance
- Ensured compliance to all government, corporate and locale requirements
- Managed all quality engineering functions
- Managed and maintain a successful Safety Program
- Planned and managed all Safety and Quality audit functions