Over 5 years of software development experience in .Net C#. Involved in the successful transition from old back-end systems to new system with parallel deployment. Experience with many software development processes including agile SCRUM and continuous deployment with automated processes. Experience with designing and developing solutions solo or liaising with teams within company. Motivated to constantly improve inside and outside of work environment through projects and study
Appliances Online, Sydney
May 2011 – Current
- Duties include managing software and hardware for Appliances Online written in .Net C#, hosted on IIS using Microsoft SQL Server & MongoDB clusters for data storage
- Develop in back end using C# .net. Responsibilities include transitioning legacy back-end system with
modern CQRS back-end based in C# MVC with security credential
management. Speeding up development of features & helping teams generate content considerably
while providing a clean method for developers to manage new features.
- Develop in front end using AngularJS, Grunt, Twitter Bootstrap for both customer facing on appliancesonline.com.au and for internal stakeholders.
- Experience working with teams delivering software through the phases of the Software Development Life Cycle like requirements analysis, understanding user requirements, designing and creating both unit and functional tests for automated continuous build/test/deploy Bamboo builds written with Powershell
- Experience in Agile SCRUM software development processes in 2 week sprints. Including daily stand-ups, point based task assignment/analysis, sprint reviews until we progressed to automated continuous deployment
- Frequently involved with working with other staff members and teams including paired programming for Test Driven Development and engaging with other teams to deliver new features
Bachelor of Computing
University of Western Sydney (Now Western Sydney University), Parramatta
2007 – 2010
- Completed my undergraduate work with a Bachelors of Computing majoring in Information Systems at the University of Western Sydney located in Parramatta
- Microsoft Certified
Professional in C#: Desire for continuously improving software development skills.
Passing Microsoft exam 483 in C# with plans to complete Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) in Web Applications
- Pursuing AWS Certified Developer - Associate certification along with researching User-Experience (UX) online course
Software Development outside employment
- Create and contribute to open-source projects on GitHub (link provided).
- Created a smart-watch application in C to aid in self time-management and to provide relevant information in a nice design.
- Contributing to an open-source cryptocurrency exchange trader application. Duties include creating the front-end using Bootstrap, AngularJS, Node JS, NPM, ExpressJS and helping the development of the backend server in Google's Go language