Williams Financial Group
Dec 2009 – Current
* Responsible for day to day management of small intra - and inter-office meetings.
* Plan and on-site administration of annual off-site Conference for 350 attendees, including site selection, menu planning, rooms set-up and AV, staff allocation and program development
* Plan and administer various conferences and meetings; 2-3 days, attendance of 50-150
Hilton Garden Inn Tyler
Nov 2008 – Apr 2009
* Directly involved with opening new property, with special focus on brand standards and staffing including hiring, training, and supervising all personnel
* Responsible for day to day management of hotel, as well as marketing and revenue management, in conjunction with DOS: budget development and administration.
* Earned certification in Hilton Garden Inn GM, Hilton University
Sleep Inn & Suites of Tyler
Apr 2008 – Nov 2008
* Directly involved with opening new property, with special focus on brand standards and staffing & responsible for day to day management of hotel
* Directly and solely responsible for marketing and revenue management, RFP responses as well as management of groups on-site. Heavy emphasis on SMERF and athletic groups
* Earned certification in both Total Lodging Choice and HOST training
Director of Sales
Feb 2007 – Mar 2008
* Responsible for marketing and advertising for hotel
* Hire, train, and supervise sales, catering and banquet staff
* Responsible for revenue management where I raised ADR by 19% and RevPar by 21% while maintaining occupancy levels & successfully participated in national and local RFP processes.
Front Office Manager
May 2005 – Feb 2007
* Responsible for day to day operations of front office for full service hotel
* Hire, train and supervise Front Desk and Bell staff as well as developed and implemented training program for Front Desk agents
* Assist sales department in servicing LNRs and national accounts
NOTE: I was originally hired as a Sales Manager, and remained in that position for 5 months before being promoted to Front Office Manager. My main area of responsibility at that time was SMERF groups and sports teams.
Office Manger & Assistant to Director of Business Development
Medical & Pathology Lab, Tyler, TX
Mar 2002 – Nov 2004
* Responsible for operations of medical office as well as assisting Director of Business Development in developing new markets for pathology services, raising public awareness of MPL, servicing of existing accounts.
Office Manager, Olympic Center Health Club
ETMC Rehab Hospital, Tyler, TX
1996 – 2002
* Responsible for hiring, training and supervision of front desk for Rehab Hospital and Olympic Center staff. Managed billing, payments, and deposits and reporting for all Olympic Center income. Also assisted Director of Marketing for ETMC Rehab Service at numerous community events
Conventions and Meetings Manager
TravelSmart, San Diego, CA
1990 – 1996
* Assisted VP of Marketing in acquiring new accounts and in servicing existing accounts
* Did detailed planning of events including menus, logistics, BEOs and rooming lists
* On-site management of conventions, ranging in size from attendance of 20 to 8,000, including management and supervision of both volunteer and professional staff.