Aker Solutions / Jacobs, Elkview, WV
Feb 2010 – May 2012
Produce construction piping isometrics sketches from piping orthographic drawings for major Kureha chemical plant project.
- Assembly and preparation of piping isometric construction packages
- Checker: Field Verification and office check.
- Lead on many small to medium projects for Bayer CropScience:
Which included on-site field construction support
- Piping Designer on large PDMS project for DOW Chemicals.
- Piping lead on new furnace project for Constellium (Formerly ALCAN)
- Piping Checker on small piping project for FMC
CADD Factor, Inc, Parkersburg, WV
Dec 1998 – Dec 2008
On-site: Shell / KRATON Polymers Belpre, OH
- Prepared final piping construction packages for final review and final construction.
- Created 3D piping models, piping orthographic and construction piping isometrics using
AutoPlant XM project.
- Created AutoPlant pipe specs using local plant piping specifications with SpecGEN.
- Managed CAD Systems: AutoCAD and AutoPlant XM
- AutoPlant XM project setup
- Front end development, material take off's, preliminary pipe routing sketches for estimating.
- Updated and created P&ID's and performed P&ID walk downs.
- Creation and maintenance of line lists and tie-in lists for major projects.
- Responsible for providing plant standard and custom pipe supports details
- Produced accurate, neat and well documented field sketches for piping layout and drafting.
- Created civil and structural drawings for pumps, buildings, piping supports and access
CADD Factor Office Parkersburg, WV
- Pipe support lead on large 3D project for a chemical plant, On-site: Cleveland OH
- Assisted on Monsanto Pharmaceutical 3D project. On-site: St. Louis
- Designed centralized dust collection system for conveying and bagging equipment for Eramet.
- Performed P&ID walk downs for various clients.
- Worked on structural supports projects for plastic extruding equipment, mixers, agitators,
- Various mechanical and structural for work metals and carbon black plants.
Freelance CAD Designer / Drafter
Dana Briggs, P.E, Marietta, OH
Jan 1998 – Jan 2004
Side Job: only evening / weekends. Worked concurrent with full time job)
- Designed conveying piping systems for Aristech Chemicals.
- Created computer 3D model using topographic maps for assisting engineer in designing water run off and retaining wall design.
- Drafted large structural and civil drawings for large road side advertising signs.
- Performed work with various land developers including development drawings for electrical, sewer, water, street sections and retaining walls.
- Drafted and designed sprinkler plans for many commercial businesses.
- Provided detail construction drawings for civil/structural prefabricated metal buildings and floor plan layouts for clients such as Schneider Construction Company, WV DMV, Roche Chemical
CAD Systems Technician
CDI Engineering Group, Parkersburg, WV
Aug 1996 – Dec 1998
CAD systems management for AutoCAD and Microstation.
- Hardware and software setup.
- Maintained UNIX and Windows NT networks.
- Maintained computer and software inventory.
- General software and hardware troubleshooting.
Pipe Designer / Junior Pipe Designer / CAD Drafter
CDI Engineering Group, Parkersburg, WV
Jul 1992 – Dec 1998
- Drafted piping, structural platforms, metal fabricated buildings and machine drawings
- Drafted new and updated P&ID's, electrical and instrumentation and loop drawings.
- Assisted designers in field with measuring and pipe routing.
Pipe Designer / Junior Pipe Designer
- Contributed to major project for Union Carbide, routed many large bore and small bore lines through pipe racks.
- Created piping construction isometrics and orthographic drawings for numerous small projects for various chemical plants such as DuPont, General Electric, Shell / Kraton, American Cyanamid, Elkem / Eramet, Chevron.
- Performed P&ID Walk-downs, field verifications and pipe-rack pipe routing.
CAD Computer Lab Systems Technician
Pittsburgh Technical Institute, Pittsburgh, PA
Dec 1991 – Sep 1992
Operated a computer lab during college and maintained approximately 20 CAD personal computer workstations and 4 Intergraph full size UNIX workstations.
- Assisted students with operations of CAD (Microstation / AutoCAD) and windows.
- Performed daily system backups.
- AutoPlant XM AutoCAD 2010 2D / 3D Bentley Microstation XM 2D / 3D ISOGEN
- SPECGEN MS Word MS Excel Open Office PDMS 11 and 12
Niagara Plastics, Erie, PA
Jun 1989 – Jun 1990
Drafted orthographic machine drawings for complex plastic injection molding systems.
- Performed clerk type duties work including running copies and filing large manual drawings.
- Work was performed during high school- co-operative work program.
- 1 week at Iroquois High school / 1 week at work at Niagara Plastics