Elementary/Middle school Teacher
MARION COUNTY SCHOOLS, Ocala, FL
Aug 1997 – Current
Student Teacher (Intern)
Blue Lake Elementary
Jan 1997 – Apr 1997
Kindercare Learning Center, Ormond Beach, FL
Apr 1992 – Jan 1997
Hired as a full-time teacher immediately following a student teaching internship, instructed all academic subject areas to classrooms of up to 28 students, 3rd, 5th and 6thgrade students.
6th Grade Science teacher
Fort King Middle School, Ocala, FL
on excellent terms) at the end of the 1999 academic year to move closer to family after being diagnosed with kidney disease, and enthusiastically rehired as a 6th Grade Science teacher for the 1999 fall term.
- Earned high marks for the quality of classroom teaching, lesson plans and instructional materials used in teaching diverse subjects (e.g., language arts, math, science, social studies and history).
- Developed original approaches that were held as the model standard for meeting district goals in areas including technology integration across the curriculum, experiential learning, literacy and diversity.
- Taught general education students and individuals with learning challenges within a mainstreamed, inclusive classroom.
- Consistently commended for ability to redirect students exhibiting behavior problems by replacing disruptive, unproductive patterns with positive behaviors.
- Served on school committees and taskforces dedicated with curriculum development, positive behavior team, fundraising and safety patrol sponsor.