Columbus Department of Public Health, Columbus, Fort Benning, GA
Aug 2006 – Current
Provide Individual and group nutrition counseling and customer service using VENA guidance, in certifying prenatal and postpartum women, infants, and children through the Women, Infants, and Children's (WIC) program.
* Plan client counseling based on Value Enhanced Nutrition Assessment (VENA)
* Facilitated nutrition education at the inaugural annual Senior's Farmers Market
* Media liaison for the WIC program.
o Public Health Report- Columbus Consolidated Government (CCG TV) Columbus, GA (Farmers Market)
o The Dee Armstrong Show- WLTZ 38 Columbus, GA (Childhood Obesity)
* Developed nutrition education material used in West Central Health District 7 secondary nutrition education classes.
* Develop PowerPoint-to-video nutrition education with voice over.
* Provide WIC services to 3 counties in addition to Fort Benning WIC.
* Recruit new WIC clients through local health fairs and various healthcare programs in the community.