Computer Support Specialist
TMRS, Austin, TX
Mar 2008 – Current
Administer the security of all desktops, laptops, network printers, Blackberries, Ipads, and electronic devices; therefore, increasing the overall security of all devices connected to the network.
- Respond to and cleaned viruses on user systems by using security logs and server antivirus software that improved the downtime of users by 50%.
- Created procedures to identify and fix infected systems on the network that reduced man power for the network operations group.
- Review 3rd party security audits and assisted in securing servers and other systems flagged as potential vulnerabilities which resulted in minimizing losses to the company.
- Assist with the planning and yearly testing of disaster recovery plan; successfully restored and tested all servers and applications within 2 days.
Senior Technical Support Analyst
Coremetrics, Austin, TX
Mar 2006 – Mar 2008
Increased customer satisfaction of email and telephone support to customers and Account Analysts using Coremetrics Web Analytics application that lead to promotion to Senior Technical Support Analyst position.
- Queried Oracle 8i and 10g databases using PL/SQL to analyze, document, and inform internal and external customers of problems arising from Coremetrics application errors that increased the effectiveness of the application for users and developers.
Dell/Spherion, Round Rock, TX
Jun 2004 – Mar 2006
Ranked 1 of top 5 technicians out of 300 within Latin American Gold Support for identifying and resolving hardware and software problems for clients.
- Earned top metrics for consistently solving customer hardware and software issues in a timely manner and under established Dell customer support metrics that reduced call times for 3rd party technicians and costs for purchasing desktop and laptop components.
Austin Parks Foundation, Austin, TX
Feb 2002 – Feb 2004
Managed and Administered a FileMaker Pro database with over 2,000 grant donors that lead to increased revenues through email solicitation.
Corporal - Stinger Missiles
United States Marine Corps, El Paso, TX
Jun 1992 – Jun 1996
Awarded 3 letters of commendation, 2 letters of appreciation, and a Good Conduct Medal as a Team Leader and while testing a new weapon system for The Marine Corps.