Business Operations Manager (promoted)
Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA
Sep 2011 – Current
Responsible for managing the budgets for the clinic business office while assisting with forecasts.
- Develop, document and enforce policies and procedures for the business operations of the pre-doctoral patient care clinics.
- Update fee schedule for Undergraduate and Post Graduate Departments
- Ensured that all Clinic Business Operations Staff attended Certified Dental Coder Training- 95% became CDC.
Post Graduate and Undergraduate Clinics
Jul 2008 – Sep 2011
07/2008- September 2011
- Oversee the daily business operations and cash collections of the Post Graduate and Undergraduate Clinics.
- Manager of 1 Patient Accounts Manager, 4 Assistant Supervisors, 1 Accountant, 1 Clinic Operations Analyst and 13 Patient Account Coordinators Credentialed and Contracted Dentist with various insurance companies. Direct contact with the patients, students, faculty and insurance companies.
- Perform regular internal account review to regulate accuracy and insure that accounts accurately reflect services provided.
- Create performance plans and present biannual reviews, coaching, mentoring and feedback to staff.
- Developed cost efficient changes to the department limiting the spending on supplies.
- Electronic claim submission via WebMD as well as remit review and error correction.
- Approved staff timesheets, vacation request.
- Assist with resolving billing issues in a timely manner.
- Represent the Business Office at weekly/monthly meetings.
- Work directly with the Finance Team, Clinical Affairs, Pre-doctoral Dental Practice Administrators Manager, Post Graduate Manager, and other TUSDM staff as deemed necessary. Report directly to the Director of Finance.
Medical Billing Manager
Medical Data Processing (MDP), Boston, MA
Jan 2002 – Jul 2008
Insuring HIPAA Compliance.
- Maintaining client relations.
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, Blue Cross, commercial insurance payments and denials.
- Responsible for the professional physician billing of 3 hospitals and 5 departments in addition to credentialing specific providers as deemed necessary.
- Oversee electronic as well as paper HCFA claim submission.
- Review aged reports, prepare monthly growth charts and spreadsheets for the clients.
- Designate work assignments and conducted periodic follow-up sessions to ensure proper billing while forecasting expected monthly collections.
- Reported directly to the CEO/President.
Talent Tree Staffing, Boston, MA
Apr 2001 – Jan 2002
Conducted interviews, testing, training, background checks, and job placement.
- Cold calling companies to generate growth/new clientele.
- Responsible for the hiring and terminations of temporary employees.
- Contacted clients on a regular basis for quality assurance.
- Maintained employee files, assisted with collections and processed payroll.
- Responsible for generating a monthly and a weekly report.
- Made travel arrangements when necessary while assisting the Senior VP of Specialty Niches.