Operations Research Analyst
TASC, Inc, Chantilly, VA
2010 – Current
Providing financial analysis, budget planning and cost analysis for a highly visible and fast paced directorate within the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency. Leading a team of analysts that develops, maintains and executes the short and long term budget plan for a major directorate within the agency. Support to this directorate includes budget planning, financial management, contracts solicitation, cost estimating and other program management functions.
* Supported Federal Aviation Administration with Cost Estimating and Benefits Analysis within the programmatic lifecycle management process for a $250M program. Developed cost and benefits methodologies for program analysis. Lead a team of 4 cost estimators performing research, design and development of the Life Cycle Cost Estimate; utilizing analogous, engineering/build up and cost estimating relationships techniques.
Associate Head Coach Baseball
West Springfield High School, Springfield, VA
2005 – Current
Senior Project Engineer
Shirley Contracting Company, Lorton, VA
2007 – 2010
Developed cost estimates for long term cradle to grave projects as well as short term daily field operations in order to establish new budgets or make budget adjustments
* Estimated potential subcontract costs, reviewed and negotiated proposals with subcontractors, drafted schedule of values, and wrote scope of work for final contract awards
* Submitted monthly cost reports and job status updates to owner and internal management
* Performed cost analysis on job-to-date costs and made cost projections, for estimates at completion (Earned Value Management) and submitted results in monthly project status updates
* Monitored daily/weekly/monthly costs for self performed operations for cost comparison to budget and future for projections
* Maintained good working relations with owner, meet regularly with owner to review cost and schedule and to propose solutions for design errors
* Maintained detailed project schedule to track job progress for project-wide operations and adherence to master schedule
Booz Allen Hamilton, McLean, VA
2004 – 2007
Task lead for the research, development, documentation, and presentation of Life Cycle Cost Estimates (LCCEs), Business Case Analyses (BCAs), and Analysis of Alternatives (AoAs) in support of a Department of Defense customer
* Built LCCE on a $500M project using various estimating techniques including build-up, analogy and parametric as appropriate for the program element being estimated and available current and historical data.
* Conducted research, documented findings and provided costs for Commercial-off-the Shelf (COTS) products as part of a multimillion dollar hardware and software procurement effort
* Researched, analyzed and compared historical program cost data and trends to develop organization specific Cost Estimating Relationships (CERs)
* Developed several rough order of magnitude (ROM) estimates in support of customer needs
* Successfully led the customer through multiple milestone reviews during which the Milestone Decision Authority (MDA) approved the program for full deployment
* Other responsibilities included: managing and mentoring junior staff, serving as subject matter expert (SME) during internal quality assurance (QA) of deliverables, contributing to the development of bids and proposals
* Developed and maintained cost estimating models; maintained benefits analyses to include quantitative and qualitative metrics.
* Perform financial and administrative reporting for Department of Defense programs and contracts
Mathematics Teacher - 8th Grade
Mark Twain Middle School, Alexandria, VA
2003 – 2004
Provided instruction to students in order to build a strong mathematical foundation; daily mathematics lectures; evaluated students' strengths and weaknesses and provided a one-on-one tutoring atmosphere