Senior Piping Designer (Supervisor)
Started my career 1988 and have worked over for 06 companies. Over all I have 25 years of experience in Piping Design and Detailed Engineering in Petrochemical , Refinery, Chemical & Pharma Projects.
Key Responsibilities and Duties -
1) Working with oil/gas production and utility systems.
2) Abilities to provide detailed project design from conception through completion.
3) Provide markups of P&ID’s, equipment layouts, plot plans, piping routings, pipe support checking preparing support schedule, piping isometrics.
4) Working knowledge of related design disciplines, work within piping codes and standards, piping specifications and regulations.
5) Distribution of work and achievement of target daily basis & mainly finalizing routing with designer, P&I’d checking and markups, IFC isometric checking.
6) Verification of equipment vendor drawing , GA checking, Equipment layout checking, Support checking, finalizing secondary supports.
7) Review engineering and design deliverables
8) Experience resolving design conflicts
9) Supervise and mentor intermediate piping designers.
1) Expertise in SP3D, PDS, Microstation, NavisWorks, SPR.
2) May work independently, as a member of a team or as a team leader.
3) Ensure that objectives related to quality, quantity, cost and scheduling are met.
Senior Piping Designer
Jacobs Engineering India Pvt. Ltd, Mumbai
Apr 2006 – Current
Presently working in the capacity of Supervisor(Piping). Responsible for technical aspects of piping design, quality and technical content of documentation as well as client technical satisfaction.
1) Novartis (Pharma) – Jacobs Singapore office Deputation - Supervisor (Piping) Jan 2014:
Involved in IFC iso. checking & supports checking.
2) Sadara (Chemical) – Manchester office:
Sadara project involved in area piping design,IFC iso. checking & Support draft checking.
3) Eli lilly – IE43(Pharma) – Cincinnati Office:
Involved in modular pipe rack design & IFC checking of isometrics.
4) Lynas Advanced Materials Plants – For UGR – Australia:
Involved in various tank farm areas modeling and checking of Nozzle orientation, Equipment layouts, piping GA drawings & Isometrics.
5) Sini – GTP (Senior Piping Designer - Jan 2010):
Sini project Involved in checking of Piping & GA drawings. Reviewing on 3D interface review packages.
6) Cop Bayway Projects – Baton Rouge:
Bayway Refinary project Involved in checking of Piping & supports. Reviewing on 3D interface review packages.
7) Air Liquide Purgen Project – Netherlands - JE Paris:
JE Paris office Job for As-Built Involved in Piping & support modeling on PDS and reviewing on 3D interface review packages.
8) Vopak- Bio-Chemical area – Cologne-office:
Worked on Bio-chemical area & involved in overall checking activity & PDS 3D Modeling storage tank & jetty area.
9) Borealis, Burghausen, Germany, PP6 Project - JE LEI:
Worked as checker for area east-west pipe rack and Flare Area. Involved in checking isometrics and layouts in aspect of valve accessibility, maintenance and clashes with the help of Plant Design Review. Responsible for checking and issuing final deliverables and co-ordination with team, other disciplines and Lead office counterparts.
10) Exxon Mobil Chemicals –JE LEI:
Responsible DWC & MTPX area for checking of isometrics and review clashes, accessibility and operability on Plant Design Review. Responsible for checking and issuing final deliverables and co-ordination with team, other disciplines.
11) BASF GEISMAR, U.S.A. (1,60,000 MTPA Toluene Di- Isocynate - Revamp Plant) – JE BTR:
This was a workshare job with JE Baton Rouge Office, using PDS 3D platform,
Piping & support modeling on PDS The activities included detailed design of all piping, stress analysis, supporting, isometrics and design reviews using 3D interface review packages.
12) Conoco Philips-Cypress Project. – JE BTR:
Responsible for Modelling of Piping & Supports on PDS, Checking of isometrics and review clashes, accessibility and operability on Plant Design System.
13) Ineos Phenol – JE Belgium - Piping Designer:
Worked as piping designer 3-D work share jobs with JE Belgium office. Responsible for checking of isometrics, supporting with design reviews using 3D interface review packages.
Manu-Tech Associates , Thane, Mumbai
Sep 2002 – Mar 2006
1) L & T CHIYODA LIMITED Vadodara:
Mangalore Refinery & Petrochemicals Limited Projects. Study for piping & equipment layouts. Preparation basic sketches for stress analysis purpose.
2) Aker Kvaerner Powergas Pvt Ltd. Mumbai:
a) Hengsheng PTA Project China:
Worked on PDS for piping and equipment modelling. Addition and modification of lines as checking, extraction of ISO’s.
b) Hindustan Lever Ltd. Goa:
Involved in checking spool isometrics and preparation of bulk & final MTO.
Mideast Constructors WLL., Doha-Qatar
May 2001 – Jul 2002
Worked for revamping project study as per existing drawings Tie-in hook up. Checking of piping & support layouts, isometric checking with bill of materials, field work for coordination with site area supervisor. Prepared test pack & As-built drawings.
Manu-Tech Associates, Thane, Mumbai
Sep 2000 – May 2001
Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd., Mumbai, India, Dehydro Desulphurisation and Sulphur Recovery Plant:
Involved in checking piping layouts, preparation of spool & jacketed pipe isometrics, sketches for pipe supports, bulk and final MTO.
Piping Draughtsman ( Microstation)
Abdulla Al Moaibed Engineering , Saudi Arabia
Dec 1994 – Apr 2000
Involved in Saudi Aramco Projects as a Piping Draughtsman ( Microstation) Involved with various projects of Aramco, Kemya for detailing of piping layouts, isometrics, Equipment layouts.
Saudi Engineering Group International, Saudi Arabia
Feb 1994 – Oct 1994
Worked as Piping Draughtsman for SCECO – EAST Projects Electrification of Yabreen Village Work involvement - Site Visit & Preparation of piping plan & isometrics.
Consolidated Contractors Int. Co., Yemen
Aug 1992 – Aug 1993
Project - Yemen Masila Export Project
Worked as a Piping Draughtsman which involved ( Before fabrication activity).Checking of piping Support layouts & Isometric checking and updation up to Final As built.
Mech. / Piping Draughtsman
Petrocil Engineering, Mumbai
Oct 1988 – Jul 1992
Worked as a Mech. / Piping Draughtsman. Involved in activities like preparation of sectional drawings, Isometrics, bulk M.T.O. and Drafting of Piping Layouts & equipment Layouts.
In house project for Davy Power gas & Toyo Engg.(I) Ltd.
1) G.G.I.C.L , Bombay Dying & Andhra Petrochemicals.
2) SM Dyechem.
1987 – 1988
Patuck Industrial Training Instittue, Mumbai
1985 – 1987
SSC Board 10th Grade
Parle Tilak Vidyalaya, Mumbai
1972 – 1982
Expertise in the Following Software For Designing & Checking:
1) Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
2) Always self motivated.
3) Have the capability to handle multiple projects at driftnet phases.
4) Can work well with diverse discipline groups.
5) Have good communication and coordination skills.
6) Have ability to check and review drawings; field walk down of pipelines, plants and facilities, verification of design and drawings.
7) Have expertise in Field surveying.