Chicago, IL (later acquired by Lincoln Financial Advisors) 1992 - 1996
Specialized in providing fee-based, comprehensive financial planning services to owners of privately held corporations, including many contractors. Expertise in business continuity planning, estate planning, retirement/fringe-benefit planning, asset allocation investment strategies, cash flow analysis and income tax planning.
- Created estate tax reduction strategies that resulted in average savings of over $300,000 per client.
PRIOR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS
MANAGER - TIMING & PROGRAM MANAGEMENT, Case Corporation; Hinsdale, IL
Successfully established a new function to coordinate worldwide product development activities (new tractors, combines, etc). Implemented Master Timing Schedules for cross-functional product development teams, detailing required activities and "Critical Path" to complete development on time.
- Hired and trained staff in Europe, Canada and the United States. Standardized project management software and developed standard formats for consistent project progress reporting.
- Developed a new corporate-wide, team-oriented system for funding and controlling new product development from design concept through manufacturing production. Savings estimated at $50 million per year, with a 40% reduction in product development cycle time.
SUPERVISOR - Financial Analysis Department, Ford Motor Company; Sterling Heights, MI
Supervised Financial Analysis Department of a plant with $800 million in sales. Coordinated operating review presentations to executive management.
- Facilitated achievement of $17 million plant cost reduction objective by consistently providing timely and accurate analysis of labor and overhead performance.
- Reduced monthly forecast analysis time by 50%, saving 30 hours/month by computerizing an extensive semi-manual worksheet process used previously.
SUPERVISOR - Cost Analysis Department, Ford Motor Company; Sterling Heights, MI
Supervised six financial/cost analysts. Analyzed product line cost competitiveness against "best-in-class" and internal cost reduction targets. Analyzed financial feasibility of capital investment proposals and "make versus buy" proposals. Coordinated expense budget development for the entire plant.
- Identified and analyzed product cost reduction proposals with over $60 million in projected new savings as a member of a cross-functional cost reduction team.
SENIOR STAFF FINANCIAL ANALYST, Ford Motor Company; Livonia, MI
Team Leader and financial representative for Team Taurus subcomponent development team, which was responsible for product design, manufacturing implementation and cost/quality control. Controlled over $100 million in capital expenditures and analyzed the variable cost effects of design changes for the new AXOD transmission.
- Coordinated teamwork and fostered cooperative atmosphere between diverse functional groups while serving as Team Leader. Taurus AXOD Transmission Team incorporated many new, state-of-the-art designs, manufacturing processes and quality control improvement initiatives.