Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), DHS
Provided project management support to the Assistance to Firefighters Grants System and eMitigation Grants System at FEMA. This support included reviewing of current functionalities, verifying enhancement requests, monitoring development of enhancements, reviewing testing plans, monitoring deployment of new enhancements in these two systems at FEMA.
Department of Agriculture (USDA)
Supported the analysis for selecting a Payment Engine for the ePermits. APHIS was faced with adopting one of the several payment engines for the new Comprehensive Electronic Permitting System (ePermits). There were three choices available within APHIS: 1) the Govolution solution piloted by Veterinary Services (VS), 2) the EzGov solution chosen by Plant, Protection and Quarantine (PPQ) for Phytosanitary Certificates, and 3) Pay.gov solution developed by the US Treasury. I evaluated advantages and disadvantages of each of these solutions and made recommendation to the management.
Bureau of Census, Department of Commerce
Led a study to determine the costs and benefits of four alternative solutions for the human resources and payroll system used for the 2010 Decennial Census for the Census Bureau. Specifically the work entailed:
- Evaluated the following four alternatives:
* A customized PeopleSoft HRMS, the BOC used for the 2000 Decennial Census and the 2004 Census Test;
* The in-house development of dedicated software;
* The utilization of an eGovernment solution such as DFAS and its partner GSA, or NFC and its partner DOI; and * The outsourcing of the process to a private vendor.
- Compared these four alternatives to the baseline alternative. The baseline alternative represented the current functionality as implemented for the 2000 Decennial Census and the 2004 Census Test.
- Computed the net present value (NPV) and the return on investment (ROI) for each alternative and compared the results.
- The results of this calculation yielded a positive NPV for the customization of a PeopleSoft HRMS and the outsourcing approach. The customization of PeopleSoft HRMS had the lowest total cost and was also considered to be the lowest risk.
- The study recommended a customized PeopleSoft HRMS solution.