Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA)
The Bridges at Edinburg, Edinburg, TX
Jul 2010 – Sep 2010
- Maintain records of patient care, condition, progress, or problems to report and discuss observations with supervisor or case manager.
- Check patients' pulse, temperature and respiration.
- Provide patients with help moving in and out of beds, baths, wheelchairs or automobiles, and with dressing and grooming.
- Care for patients by changing bed linens, washing and ironing laundry, cleaning, or assisting with their personal care.
- Entertain, converse with, or read aloud to patients to keep them mentally healthy and alert.
- Administer prescribed oral medications, under the written direction of physician or as directed by home care nurse or aide, and ensure patients take their medicine.
- Plan, purchase, prepare, or serve meals to patients or other family members, according to prescribed diets.
- Accompany clients to doctors' offices and on other trips outside the home, providing transportation, assistance and companionship.
- Direct patients in simple prescribed exercises or in the use of braces or artificial limbs.
- Provide patients and families with emotional support and instruction in areas such as caring for infants, preparing healthy meals, living independently, or adapting to disability or illness.
Retail Sales Clerk
Pola Fashion, McAllen, TX
Jul 2009 – Aug 2009
Selling casual and formal dresses. Greet customers and ascertain what each customer wants or needs. Describe merchandise and explain use, operation, and care of merchandise to customers. Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires. Compute sales prices, total purchases and receive and process cash or credit payment. Answer questions regarding the store and its merchandise. Prepare sales slips or sales contracts. Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices. Maintain records related to sales. Demonstrate use or operation of merchandise. Place special orders or call other stores to find desired items.
Frito Lay, Mission, TX
Jan 2007 – May 2007
Made boxes and packed snacks. Mark and label containers, container tags, or products, using marking tools. Measure, weigh, and count products and materials. Examine and inspect containers, materials, and products to ensure that packing specifications are met. Record product, packaging, and order information on specified forms and records. Remove completed or defective products or materials, placing them on moving equipment such as conveyors or in specified areas such as loading docks. Seal containers or materials, using glues, fasteners, nails, and hand tools. Load materials and products into package processing equipment. Assemble, line, and pad cartons, crates, and containers, using hand tools. Clean containers, materials, supplies, or work areas, using cleaning solutions and hand tools. Transport packages to customers' vehicles.
Hirzel Canning-OH, Ottawa, OH
Jun 2000 – Oct 2001
Working with agricultural products. Operate machinery used in the production process, or assist machine operators. Examine products to verify conformance to quality standards. Observe equipment operations so that malfunctions can be detected, and notify operators of any malfunctions. Lift raw materials, finished products, and packed items, manually or using hoists. Count finished products to determine if product orders are complete. Mark or tag identification on parts.
Hirzel Canning-OH, Williamsburg, IA
Jun 2001 – Aug 2001
- Williamsburg, Iowa
Working with agricultural products. Grade and sort products according to factors such as color, species, length, width, appearance, feel, smell, and quality to ensure correct processing and usage. Discard inferior or defective products and/or foreign matter, and place acceptable products in containers for further processing. Weigh products or estimate their weight, visually or by feel. Place products in containers according to grade and mark grades on containers. Record grade and/or identification numbers on tags or on shipping, receiving, or sales sheets. Separate fiber tufts between fingers to assess strength, uniformity, and cohesive quality of fibers.
May 1998 – Oct 1998
working with agricultural products. Operator machinery that loads cotton modules into the cotton gin. Push and/or pull knobs or depress pedals that start the ginning process.