- Worked with a team of highly skilled USC engineers in collaboration with other engineers from Carnegie Mellon
University to produce the MMOG Cosmopolis with a goal to study various behavioral models.
- Responsible for rigging all the in-game 3D models using custom built tools using MEL Scripting and then animating
those characters using Maya and other custom built tools.
- Rendered game lights, graphics and effects using OpenGL, Maya and XNA game studios.
- Wrote custom tools that facilitated character rigging and animation of 3D models in Maya and various exporters using
MEL Scripting for processing and exporting all game assets.
- Orchestrated designs for all levels and maps and completed deadlines for Alpha testing with 7 others.
Tools Used: XNA Game Studios, Autodesk Maya, Custom tools in MEL, OpenGL.
Other Graduate Project Experience
USC Coursework: Advance Mobile Devices & Game Consoles Web Technologies
Character Animation for Video Games Computer Networks
3D Graphics and Rendering Database Systems
Advance Game Projects Analysis of Algorithms
Gameplay Programmer / Graphics Engineer for an online game The Maze
- Responsible for core game engine development.
- In charge of all 3D character exporting and optimizing and senior role play in rendering game graphics.
Rigging and Animation Projects and MEL scripting:
- Character rigging and animation of 3D character models for video game production using Maya.
- Development of scripts in Maya using MEL for processing and exporting animations.
- Responsible for maintaining Online Asset Database (OAD).
Rendering of 3D graphics, objects and scenes:
- Rendering 3D objects and applying matrix and vector transformations like rotations, translations and scaling.
- Applying effects like flat shading, gouraud shading and phong shading. Also, adding textures and anti-aliasing effects.
- Creating various light effects such as light fog and light glow and rendering soft and crisp shadows.
- Rendering scenes using global illumination techniques and producing reflections using caustics in Maya.
- Reproducing fire, water and glass using ray tracing and mental rays using Maya.
Web Technology projects:
- Creation of simple web sites using technologies like HTML, CSS, DOM, PHP, XML and Java Scripting.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining 3 USC Gamepipe course web sites.