Public Relations Specialist
ITT Technical Institute,
Sep 2012 – Current
- Participate and provide sponsorship for outreach efforts to organizations, educational groups, and government politicians that will broaden ITT Technical Institution’s presence in the community.
- Schedule and coordinate events with appointed and elected officials at all levels of government, Chambers of Commerce leaders, trade and professional association board members.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with political officials, Board of Education, businesses and other organizations.
- Interact with local media venues, business development, and community outreach programs to identify and implement interesting ways to actively manage and promulgate ITT Technical Institutes reputation.
- Develop annual and quarterly strategic and tactical marketing plans for ITT Tech based on competitive analysis, County/Community input, financial data, and creative tactics; exceeded by 60% of my target.
- Manage and utilize social media to coordinate community relations as well as plan, manage and negotiate each event budget and timeline and implement required tactics to execute events.
- Prepare and give speeches and conduct multiple presentations to further the public relations objectives.
- Manage and coordinate calendars for scheduling appointments, meetings and events with public media and State/County Officials; and manage travel, venue and event expenses.
- Received Awards and Recognition from State and County Elected officials and Chambers of Commerce.
Program Manager, College Relations & Special Programs
city of Toronto Civic Center,
2008 – 2012
- Partnered closely with the Director of Diversity and Director of Talent Acquisition.
- Designed and implemented innovative recruitment strategies to include leveraging Social Media to attract and hire college students/graduates for internships, co-op programs and special programs that support the needs of the business.
- Identified colleges and universities that will best meet the needs for the future, and evaluated existing relationships for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Partnered with colleges/universities and organized/facilitated job postings, on-campus recruiting events including career fairs, lunch and learns, and all other recruiting engagements.
- Managed full-cycle execution of recruiting for all programs to build pipelines and integrate academic preparation.
- Collaborated with leaders to conduct needed analysis to forecast and manage programs, budget developing and monitoring key metrics to support the recruitment strategies and programs.
- Researched best practices to stay competitive with other successful companies in the industry.
- Established and maintained effective positive relationships with Career Services, key faculty, administrators, professors and student groups.
- Served as the primary point of contact for prospective students, faculty and other stakeholders.
HR Management Specialist
Canadian Red Cross,
2003 – 2008
- Provided administration and oversight of human resources policies and programs covering areas such as recruitment, payroll process, affirmative action, compensation, benefits administration, training, and employee relations.
- Assisted in designing, developing, and implementing organizational development policies and programs to create a positive organizational climate and improved employee morale and job satisfaction.
- Managed, interpreted and communicated quality management programs to ensure continual compliance with quality program, corporate policies and procedures.
- Prepared audit checklist and reviewed applicable department procedures for the audit and took notes during the audit for the Director of Quality Management to prepare the audit reports.
- Successfully coordinated the screening, interviewing, recruitment and information sessions; increased the recruitment of Mobile Food Bank volunteers.
- Organized special events and fund raising, such as the Annual Volunteer Recognition Event, Summer Student Barbecues and the 2011 AIDS Conference.
Program and Cultural Services officer
City of Toronto, Toronto, ON
2001 – 2003
- Spearheaded, developed and organized city events and programs that aim at developing the social, emotional, intellectual and physical needs for all age groups.
- Ensured health and safety practices were in compliance with the City of Toronto standards and regulations; as well interpreting, enforcing and applying governing authorities.
- Forecasted budgets by demonstrating a thorough understanding of finance structures and the influence that programming modifications has on the stability of the community.
- Prepared and evaluated programs and final reports assisted with the development and implementation of grants and collaborated with local/government agencies to secure the funds.
- Coordinated special projects such as drug awareness, substance abuse, community health, family abuse and family development by promoting community involvement.
- Arranged annual reports for program development, staff requirements, partnership and collaboration for management.
- Presented monthly orientation sessions for prospective members, contributing to the annual increase of new memberships from 30 to over 300 in communities.