Northwest Animal Care Hospital, Everett, WA
Nov 2011 – Apr 2012
November 2009 - August 2011
Provided full-service veterinary care to all patients. Diagnosed, treated, and prescribed for all conditions. Performed surgical treatment as required. Maintained positive and productive relationships with work members and clients. Accredited to provide health certificates. Maintained logs IAW State and Federal Regulations.
Veterinarian - NAF
Aug 2007 – Nov 2009
Veterinarian - NAF (Non-Appropriated Fund)
Aberdeen Proving Ground Veterinary Treatment Facility
Aberdeen Proving Ground Veterinary Clinic, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
Aug 2007 – Nov 2009
Provided full service veterinary care for pets of members of the military community as well as military working dogs. Advised on medical conditions including infectious and zoonotic disease. At times, called on to advise on zoonotic disease response for the military community, to include Rabies. Diagnosed, treated, and prescribed for all conditions. Performed surgical treatment as required.
U.S. Army Veterinary Corps,
Aug 1995 – Jan 2005
U.S. Army Veterinary Corps Officer with duties as a veterinarian and leader
- Responsible for all aspects of running eight veterinary clinics on eight military installations serving over 19,000 clients and 30,000 patients
- Served as primary veterinarian for these patients
- Responsible for training and performance of all soldiers (veterinary technicians) under my command. This task involved initial training and certification on all tasks listed in the U. S. Army 91T Veterinary Technician Handbook
- Responsible for the care and upkeep of military working dogs, U.S. Customs dogs, and horses kept on military installations
- While stationed in Seoul, Korea, coordinated a veterinary internship program between the U.S. Army and Seoul National University. This program allowed Korean veterinary students to intern on Post at Yongsan Veterinary Treatment Facility.
- Provided canine and feline basic care and training classes for the community