High School Teacher
MORTON RANCH HIGH SCHOOL, Katy, TX
Jan 2011 – Jun 2011
- Worked as a long-term substitute and taught 12th grade Sociology and 9th World Geography.
- Established two distinct, specific sets of classroom rules and discipline plans based on the differences in grade level.
- Thrived in a Professional Learning Community (PLC) by participating in test-making and lesson-planning.
- Administered multiple TAKS testing, as well as end-of-course exams.
- Active volunteer in school activities and projects.
High School Student Teacher
CYPRESS WOODS HIGH SCHOOL, Cypress, TX
Mar 2010 – May 2010
- Taught AP/Dual Credit U.S. Government classes and 1U.S. Government class for grade 12.
- Cooperated with mentor teacher and Social Studies Department during planning periods.
- Devised, planned, taught, and assessed an entire unit which prepared students for the Advanced Placement Exam.
- Used various methods of instruction throughout the designed unit to reach learners of various modalities and abilities. Refined and modified a discipline plan for future use.
Middle School Student Teacher
GOODSON MIDDLE SCHOOL, Cypress, TX
Jan 2010 – Feb 2010
- Instructed 5 United States History courses, using differentiation to teach 1 on-level class, 2 higher-level classes, and 2 gifted-and-talented classes.
- Provided assistance to the classroom teacher and instructional team with instruction, assessment, grading, and tutoring. Continued to form an initial discipline and classroom management plan.
- Prepared a Teacher Work Sample portfolio which included work on contextual factors, assessment plans, designs for instruction, analyses of student learning, and instructional decision making.