Business Operations Manager
John C. Lilly Research Institute, Inc, Los Angeles, CA
Apr 1990 – Current
Managed multi-location business, marketing, contractual, financial and accounting administrative operations for privately funded and government sponsored media related scientific, medical, and marine biology research laboratory.
* Developed and managed $2.5M budget, generated financial reports and analysis while monitoring corporate bank and trust accounts. Acted as chief liaison between corporation and legal counsels for proceedings related to corporate real estate and private banking litigation in California, Hawaii, and Minnesota.
* Successfully coordinated contractual negotiations on media projects between company and international firms, including Stanford University, Pioneer Electronics, Nippon Telegraph and Telephone, Dentsu Advertising, and Showtime Network. Negotiated multi-media vendor sales and contract pricing including book, magazine publications, television and film productions. Conducted asset valuations and due diligence work related to sale of corporate intellectual property, increasing profits by $200,000. Completed $1M transfer of photography assets to Phillips de Pury and Company in 2008.
* Coordinated and planned corporate marketing events and multi-media presentations throughout the United States, Japan, United Kingdom, Europe and Australia. Arranged interviews with reporters and media. Wrote press releases. Oversaw marketing and sales for multimedia, medical and scientific research software products domestically and internationally increasing company exposure to millions of consumers. Consultant on 5 month environmental multimedia project at Dorset, England, 2006. Advisor to October Gallery, Bloomsbury, London, England.
* Responsible for general ledger accounting, budgeting, auditing, financial reporting and cash flow forecasts. Led CPA Firms, Bank Officers at First Trust and US Bank, and retired Federal Reserve Board Governor to facilitate budget process and corporate monetary needs. Duties included royalty and commission calculations, account analysis, financial statement review, month end closing, and quarterly and annual reporting to Board of Directors. Implemented cost controls and initiated new revenue streams.
Business Operations Manager -- Consultant
Warner Records/Nashville Music Division, Los Angeles, CA
1989 – 2011
Recording Production and Film Soundtrack Coordinator for Jim Ed Norman, President Warner Nashville Records.
* Responsible for material selection, sequencing, publishing contract administration, budget accounting, and recording studio management.
* Production Associate on Multi-Platinum and Gold Award Winning Albums.
Commercial Real Estate Property Management Associate
Employers Options, Inc, Maui, HI, US
Mar 2006 – Aug 2006
CB Richard Ellis
* Interfaced with clients and vendors facilitating operations of multiple mall and office building locations.
* Facilitated all administrative work regarding repairs, maintenance, and facility upkeep.
* Prepared taxation, insurance and rental records relating to all aspects of property management.
* Project Management Administrator, Maui Land and Pineapple
Kapalua Land Company
* Maintained database for ongoing construction projects and interfaced with clients and vendors.
Warner Bros. Studios, Los Angeles, CA
Mar 1989 – Mar 1990
Conducted television and film production budgeting and accounting procedures for accounts payable and receivable, and reconciliation for episodic television and feature productions.
* Generated and reviewed general accounting and financial statements.
* Prepared client billing and recorded vendor invoices.
* Prepared payroll for two departments.
Universal Pictures/MCA Records, Los Angeles, CA
Jan 1988 – Mar 1989
Prepared accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, account reconciliations, monthly and year-end closings.
* Catalogued and inventoried entire film library into its initial database.
* Quantified motion picture and television stock for sales and syndication.
* Participated in motion picture and record division sales accounting, marketing and advertising projects, specifically addressing ad placement for motion pictures.
Pircher, Nichols, and Meeks, Century City, CA
Aug 1986 – Oct 1987
Responsible for maintaining updated records for real estate, including shopping malls and office complexes.