Formulate and recommend principles, policies, and procedures relating to financial systems operations and maintain Information System security. Ensure that subsidiary financial systems are integrated into the system ledger with appropriate controls in place and operating in accordance with the intentions of Financial Management's (FM's) Leadership Team. Review current business processes and technology, identifying improvement opportunities and develop solutions that yield demonstrable results. Monitor, evaluate, and reengineer existing management and internal controls and lead coordination of such efforts with all nationwide offices. Team Leader and staff on all functional support for Financial Management's (FM) financial systems and programs including developing and maintaining financial and accounting systems software, issuing functional planning guidance and policy, preparing functional specifications and proposals, implementing security policies, developing and monitoring project plans, and performing and coordinating security accreditation.
- Develop and provide training to unit staff relating to the development, testing, and implementation of new or revised financial systems.
- Review current business processes and technology, identifying improvement opportunities and develop solutions that yield demonstrable results
- Work with project budgets, spreadsheets, reconciliation of expenses, and cost analyses
- Interpret and implement relevant federal statutory and regulatory, financial management guidance on behalf of the OCC, such as Federal General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for federal agencies.
- Research and resolve problems, perform scheduled activities, and liaison with service
- Drafts projected funding needs and alternative analysis (such as funding options), and assures that data is formally and accurately documented and justifiable.
- Prepare and maintain standard and ad hoc reports, queries, and conduct appropriate audits to ensure data integrity
- Approves, disapproves, or modifies budget requests based on justifications provided by senior managers weighed against economical and efficient use of funds available.
- Responded to remedy tickets concerning payroll issues
- Ensures integration of multiple funding streams.
o Assessments include impact analyses of program changes on other offices, agencies, or governments.
- Coordinate activities to provide support for collection channels and settlement services to Federal Finance programs that acquire collection entries
- Recommend and/or develop government-wide cash management policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures to be used for Federal collections
- Logged in weekly time administration reports onto finance drive
- Quarterly ran Sick With Pay reports for non-exempt employees to ensure no misuse
- Added journal entries using JD Edwards to assist with monthly close and managed records retention for Finance Department