Sr. Financial Analyst
Monitor monthly and quarterly performance to ensure compliance with budget completed variance analysis.
* Provided key financial information and analysis to senior management as it relates to P&L performance, quarterly balance sheet reviews, Capex and Headcount reviews.
* Conducted cost/benefit analysis and/or breakeven analysis for several key CAPEX Projects.
* Improve processes and systems, generate quality and timely data for management consumption, and drive the performance of the business, this includes developing excel financial models to improve accuracy of liquidation and allocations for month end close, headcount reconciliations and identifying key variances.
* Completed a significant overhaul of the Platts product profitability allocation methodologies for TMI.
* Main point of contact for the monthly/quarterly forecasting and annual budgeting for the entire organization (this includes setting up meetings and asking key questions about initiatives for the coming year)
* Assist in ad hoc requests for VP Finance and business managers.
* Tested and reviewed detailed quarterly Sarbanes-Oxley control assessments, responsible for maintaining and updating evidentiary materials for SOX.
Key Accomplishments and Contributions:
- Received promotion to Senior Financial Analyst, and expanded scope and financial oversight responsibility for all IT related expenses.
- Managed all business unit telephone and data processing charges, which reduced costs by 20 percent in the first half of 2009 as a result of rigorous analysis, cost center-by-cost center.
- Eliminated email storage charges by approximately $100,000 for the entire Platts unit by reviewing and managing costs person-by-person.
- Reduced several vendors for IT consulting professional by creating new controls for hiring process.
- Automated process for month end close by developing financial models.