Navy Fitness: MWR, Portsmouth, VA
Oct 2012 – Current
- Provide quality exercise and health education for patients assuring a safe, pleasant, and professional atmosphere.
- Demonstrates proper warm-up and cool down procedures, along with instructing a variety of commands and group exercise classes (i.e. spin, step, & high-intensity, interval training).
- Inventory control specialist on cardiovascular machines and strength equipment.
- Schedules, develops and instructs personalized fitness training programs.
Fitness Together (FT), Norfolk, VA
Jul 2012 – Jul 2012
- Developed exercise prescriptions for clients.
- Conducted fitness assessments on new and current clients.
- Served as a fitness coach, ensuring that clients executed each exercise properly to maximize results and minimize injury.
Fitness Trainer/Weight Room Employee
East Carolina University: Campus Recreation and Wellness, Greenville, NC
Aug 2010 – May 2012
- Served as a fitness consultant and trainer with a high retention rate.
- Oriented customers with the equipment, ensuring safety and provided feedback on form, health, fitness, and well being.
East Carolina University: Human Performance Lab, Greenville, NC
Jan 2010 – May 2012
- Developed and modified exercise prescriptions for customers needing to meet specific fitness goals.
- Conducted over 200 fitness assessments on law enforcement, Firefighters, and EMT.
- Assisted in the supervision, training, developing and evaluation of all student staff.
Activity Center Assistant Leader, Seasonal
Virginia Beach Parks and Recreation, Virginia Beach, VA
May 2007 – May 2012
- Supervise 5-12 years old in the classroom and during field trips, requiring multitasking and responsibility.
- Assist in activity planning (arts and crafts and gymnasium activities encouraging physical activity)
- Mediate issues involving children and taking appropriate disciplinary actions.
Lifetime Physical Activity & Fitness Program Instructor
East Carolina University, Greenville, NC
Sep 2011 – Mar 2012
- Developed curriculum on the variables related to total fitness, physical fitness, diet, weight control, degenerative diseases, physiological effects of exercise, and significance of motor skills development.
- Provided instruction and assessment of undergraduate students
- Met with fitness center trainers on a monthly basis to develop, organize, and administer fitness programs that optimize safety and ensure effective results..
Human Performance Lab,
Aug 2010 – May 2011
- Supervised, managed, and scheduled undergraduates working with obese adolescents.
- Collected data regarding individual assessment results.
- Managed health and fitness intervention programs for adolescents.
- Organized daily activities and participated in material distribution.
Residential Advisor (RA)
East Carolina University: Campus Living, Greenville, NC
Jan 2009 – May 2010
- Served as a liaison between the administration and the residents
- Planned and conducted educational and social programs for residents
- Provided leadership, individual counseling and crisis intervention to residents
- Worked cooperatively with fellow resident assistant team of nine.
- Supervised a floor of 46 residents
Honey Bee Golf Course, Virginia Beach, VA
May 2006 – Aug 2007
- Implemented emergency action plans improving worker and member safety, decreasing workman’s compensation and liability costs.
- Supervised, managed, and scheduled staff.
- Assisted management with solutions to human resources, marketing, and customer satisfaction matters.