Sony Entertainment has developed a site where a user can subscribe and download full episodes of their favorite soap opera on their PC without commercial breaks. User can choose to pay per episode or begin a monthly subscription, create an account, download the episode(s) and watch at their convenience. User will be able to purchase, download and watch an episode for up to 28 days after it becomes available on the site and after the 28 days the episode essentially expires.
- Involved in reviewing business requirements, use case.
- Used SQL Queries to verify the data from the Oracle database.
- Involved in developing test cases using Test Case Manager.
- Performed Unit, Integration, Smoke, functional, Regression, and system testing.
- Participated in Walk through of test plans and test cases.
- Upload Manual test scripts into Test director for automation
- All test cases were written based on business requirements, Use Cases and screen shots.
- Tested various text-hyperlinks and image-hyperlinks of Home page and different pages.
- Tested the functionality of each screen to monitor proper navigation.
- Recorded various scripts on different scenarios to run test automated.
- Revised Siebel VbScripts in the Application. Modified existing Scripts and Developed new scripts
- Time sensitive testing was done for different users with different product purchase.
- Responsible for carrying out manual testing for Functionality testing, System Integration testing, Performance testing, Beta testing during various phases of testing.
- Involved in Functional, Integration, Regression, User Acceptance, GUI and Stress Testing.
- Generated Automation scripts for Regression, Stress Testing Using WinRunner automation Tool
- I was involved in the performance benchmarking of the system using Jmeter.
- Created test scenarios based on business requirements.
- Prepared Test Data for Positive Testing used in Data Driven Test.
- Back end testing was done to verify and validate data.
- Data verification and data integration test was done using SQL queries.
- Worked closely with developers in reproducing bugs reported.
- Created various Synchronization points Using WinRunner
- Used TestDirector to store, tracking and reporting bugs.
- Performed End User Testing before the Build is released for actual real time implementation.
- Interacted with developers & various members of team to discuss and resolve defects and their priorities.
- Summarize test results in formal test analysis reports according to the Documentation standards.
- Interacting with Developers and Business Analyst regarding requirements, test scenarios, and defects
The following functionalities were covered in testing
(1) Login (2) Account Creation (3) Account updating (4) Financial Information and updating (5) Transaction History (6) Change Password (7) Forgot password (8)Subscribing & Unsubscribe to products
Environment: WinRunner, TestDirector, Manual Testing ,MS Access, Infranet-Portal, Paymenttech, Java, XML, XSL, Oracle, Web Logic, Apache web server, MS Office tools, Siebel