The Commonwealth Bank is one of Australia's leading financial institutions with businesses in New Zealand, Asia and the United Kingdom. They are leading providers of integrated financial services including retail, premium, business and institutional banking, funds management, superannuation, general and life insurance, broking services and finance company activities. Electronic Data Systems (www.eds.com) was engaged to take care of IT requirements of this bank.
- Worked as a Oracle Production/Development DBA (as employee of EDS Data systems)
- Responsible for the Production and Development of Standby databases, Data Guard & RMAN, Transportable table spaces
- Provided Oracle (V8, 8i, 9i, 10g, 10g RAC) technical support for customers in database backup/recovery, RMAN, standby DB, Data Guard, partition management, performance turning and security.
- A complete installation/configuration of Oracle 10G Grid Control OEM over the complete environment.
- Performance tuning, re-organizations of tablespaces & mount points etc.
- Backup strategy & Configured RMAN for database back ups.
- Capacity Planning of the Databases.
- Cloning very large production database into development environment.
- Improve overall performance by analysis, job scheduling, load balancing, re-organizing.
- Part of the new initiative project team.
- Providing after hours remote support.
- Liaison between customer and vendors.
- Upgraded Oracle 9i to 10g.
- Implemented Database on a fresh environment.
- Brought Architectural changes to database as per the need of the client and the business.
- Implemented Change Request to deploy the changes to production database.
- Creating Test/UAT environment by Migrating data from production.
- Handling multiple applications/accounts/projects on different UNIX HP-UX/Sun platforms and Oracle versions of size up to more than 3 TB individually.
Environment: Oracle Enterprise Server 10g, Oracle 10g RAC, 9.2.0, 8.1.7, 8.0.6 Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), RMAN, HP/UX , SunOS 5.9, WIN2K