Participate in foundation evaluations and analyses to determine most suitable & economical foundation systems for support of buildings, pavements, etc.
- Construction observation (field inspection) during process of earthwork and foundation construction involving footings, piles, caissons, etc., and special ground improvement and instrumentation.
- Coordinate/supervise soil boring/rock coring, and prepare test boring logs.
- Review the drillers' test boring logs, examine the soil samples in the laboratory and check the soil classifications.
- Coordinate/perform soil laboratory tests & field density tests using Nuclear Gauge Densometer.
- Update the computer programming and modeling used for foundation analyses & computations of lab & field density test results.