Supervisor: Dr. Scott Laudon, DMD, Contact: 907-562-4774
Hours per week: 35-40
- Reviewing and updating medical and dental histories.
- Preparing operatories for patient care.
- Building rapport and seating patients in operatories.
- Explaining and prioritizing treatment plans with patients according to their needs.
- Assisting dentist with procedures.
- Ensuring patient comfort.
- Exposing and processing traditional radiographs/panographs.
- Exposing digital panographs/intraoral radiographs using Dexis software.
- Capturing intraoral images.
- Cord packing.
- Taking impressions.
- Constructing temporary crowns.
- Applying sealants.
- Cleaning and disinfecting operatories after each patient.
- Washing and sterilizing instruments with the use of an ultrasonic cleaner and autoclave.
- Excellent record keeping.
- Keeping an account for dental supplies.
- Assisting dentist in motivating patients to achieve optimal oral health.
- Dentrix software.
- Assisting front office staff with answering phones, scheduling appointments, collecting payments, and addressing patients concerns.
- Administering Nitrous Oxide under the direct supervision of the dentist.