Williamsville, NY 03/1997 - 04/2010
IT global leader and wholesale provider of technology products and services. World's largest technology distributor and leading technology sales, marketing and logistics company with U.S. net sales of $29.5 billion in 2009.
Managed an assigned account base which consisted of value added resellers within the IT, networking and related industry. Developed relationships with all levels of personnel within the customer base with a determined goal to maintain current business, establish new business, increase marketshare and formulate a plan to grow their businesses.
- Implemented daily, weekly, and monthly strategic outcalls to customers promoting products and services related to their business needs, identified possible business opportunities, along with developing and maintaining the relationship and assuring customer satisfaction.
- Successfully implemented marketing campaigns on focused accounts to achieve company objectives. Developed plans to achieve sales quotas on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis with provision of sales forecasts.
- Prepared customer quotes, processed orders and followed through with detail to ensure accuracy and fulfillment.
- Provided technical support services via conference calls and special department extensions to establish customer requirements and to provide solutions to close sale.
- Worked closely with various manufacturer-vendor reps to help create special pricing bids for the reseller to help compete and win business.
- Educated reseller customers on various vendor pricing programs designed for both the reseller and the end-user. Programs were implemented on a daily basis and also negotiated pricing to help the reseller be more competitive with opportunities and gain the business.
- Effectively worked with the credit and financial services departments to help resellers get their line of credit terms increased and also made them aware of other alternative forms of credit services available which in turn helped increase market-share.
- Utilized various data sources to analyze customer competitive activities, market trends, previous business and any changes in business focus. Prepared monthly and quarterly sales reports consisting of key information pertaining to customer base.
- Attended product and services trainings on a weekly basis to ensure knowledge was kept up to date with the IT industry. Arranged and set up appointments for resellers to attend webinar trainings that pertained to their businesses and promoted any company sponsored vendor expos.
- Recognized and received various awards for business related activity such as: Highest gross profit, accounts hitting target quotas for month and quarter, highest revenue, and numerous vendor related promotional recognitions. Also had received President's Club Award twice which is awarded only once a year.