Administrative support professional offering strong office management and bookkeeping skills. Reliable and independent worker proficient in Microsoft Office and QuickBooks programs. Ability to manage multiple tasks and cope with distractions without compromising quality. Possess a strong work ethic and realize the importance of confidentiality. Willing to go the "extra mile" to get a job done correctly.
- Transitioned a manual accounting system to a more productive computerized system.
- Responsible for the administration computer systems software and hardware. Activities included installing and maintaining QuickBooks and Microsoft software.
- Established good relationships with customers and vendors enabling open communications, translating to improved cash flow.
- Designed a scheduling spreadsheet forecasting the placement of students/class for a 12 month period, anticipating availability and estimating income for the annual budget.
- Created an annual budget based on current income/expense and anticipating the strength of the forthcoming economy.
- Installed and ran software to maintain student and staff records. (Contact information, medical records, attendance)
- Developed colorful, attractive brochures, fliers & campaign ads to market the Center to the community.
- Assisted various agencies (Internal auditors, NYS Rural Development, NYS Dept. of Social Services, NYS Dept. of Health, NYS Dept. of Children & Families, Insurance auditors) by preparing for audits and supplying documents/information as needed.
- Entrusted to run facility and supervise staff (32) in the Director's absence.
- Dependable employee - excellent attendance.
- Earned excellent performance reviews: "Greatly Exceed Performance Measures (Consistently-96% to 100%)"
Chase's Greenhouses, Inc. Bookkeeper / Computer System Administrator, 1981 - 2008
- Responsible for Billing, A/R, A/P, Payroll, General Ledger and Financial Reports for the retail/wholesale greenhouse and florist business generating over $1,000,000 annual income with 35 employees.