- Administrative Assistant: I am proficient in multitasking in a dynamic work environment and pro-active in anticipating managers' needs in order to keep department running smoothly and efficiently. Moreover, I have excellent organizational skills, and the level of attention to detail necessary to handle routine office tasks such as mail, meeting coordination and off-site planning sessions, calendar management, travel arrangements, expense reports, correspondence preparation, task tracking, supply ordering, filing, etc. Specific business accomplishments include:
* Managed and assisted in development of multi-million dollar budget. Created Excel spreadsheets to track and balance budget. Handled invoicing and billing reconciliation.
* Designed Microsoft Access databases to maintain information about employees, customers, documents, volunteers, engineering work orders, etc.
* Developed Microsoft Word templates to automate all office forms and customer account information.
* Performed payroll functions. I created an on-line timesheet in Excel for department use. The timesheet was so well received many other departments in the company used it.
* Handled all HR hiring and termination processes, including the management of computer and network access.
* Coordinated repair and replacement of phones and computers. Organized and implemented numerous office reorganizations (total shift of personnel to another location).
* Reported daily performance statistics for department members. Automated the process using Microsoft Excel, which improved efficiency and accuracy.
* Using writing and editing skills and multiple software packages, created, typed, formatted, and edited correspondence and documents. Revised complex technical documentation to increase clarity. Created presentation materials, training program materials, and revised policies and procedures.
- Technical Writer and Documentation Planner: While employed at IBM, I wrote manuals about mainframe software. I used programming specifications, developer's forums, and interviews to generate the information required for the manuals. While working for a small electroplating company, I wrote manuals describing the operation and maintenance of electroplating products. At Tucson Water, I revised all facility specifications to incorporate changes.
- Computer Specialist: I served as the in-house software help-desk for United Way of Tucson. I helped users choose the correct software, organize new projects, and solve software and hardware problems. I upgraded desktop computers (hardware and software) and performed administrative duties on an NT server.