Center for Public Health Preparedness, University of Puerto Rico, San Juan, PR
Apr 2012 – Current
As a project coordinator for the Emergency Plans project (Mass Fatality, Mass Decontamination and Emergency Evacuations) my duties included but were not limited to: - Assistance in the evaluation of training workshops.
- Assistance in the development of final reports.
- Review and feedback on the documents and audiovisual products produced by the center.
- Assistance in the maintenance of Continuing Education participant lists.
North Adventist Academy, Arecibo, PR
Jan 2011 – Dec 2011
- Bilingual Science (4th - 6th grade) (Spring and Fall semesters)
- English (4th - 6th grade) (Fall semester)
- Science (7th - 8th grade) (Spring semester)
Duties included: Daily lesson planning, test administration, etc...
Research Assistant for Breast Cancer Study
Medical Sciences Campus, University of Puerto Rico, San Juan, PR
Feb 2008 – May 2009
"Atabey Study- For the Health of Women in Puerto Rico" (Pilot of a Case- Control Cancer Study)
As a research assistant and Interview coordinator my duties included but were not limited to:
- Making follow-up phone calls for recruitment
- Coordinating interviews between participants, interviewer and research center
- Daily preparation of recruiting and interview materials, compensations and stocking inventory with materials for blood samples and snacks
- Writing monthly reports about contacts and interviews
- Reviewing the translation of questionnaire and interview manual and procedure's manual
- Driving interviewer and nursing staff to participant homes for at-home interviews
- Co-author of poster "Beans and Genes: Breast Cancer among Hispanics"
Medical Sciences Campus, University of Puerto Rico,
Aug 2003 – May 2005
As a Chair Assistant my duties included:
- Participant recruitment and interview for a Pilot Study to evaluate the prevalence of GSTM-1 polymorphism in Puerto Rican population
- Questionnaire validation, data entry, review and cleaning using Epi-Info 6
- Literature searches, presentation updating
- Data entry for a Cancer registry using Excel
CDC - Dengue Branch, San Juan, PR
Jun 2004 – Jul 2004
Epidemiological Aspects of Public Health Practice
- Research title: "The Impact of Health Reform on the Dengue Surveillance System in Puerto Rico, 1993-2003"
- Data abstraction and cleaning
- Statistical Analysis