Marketing Research Analyst
OPTIMA HEALTH, Virginia Beach, VA
2007 – Current
Follow and identify industry trends to make recommendations for new product offerings. Research and present market and industry data. Create, administer and analyze surveys. Identify process improvements and create effective change. Provide recommendations and feedback regarding brand management and market messages. Create presentations for senior leaders.
- Conduct in depth market research, segmentation and analysis
- Determine size of market and potential growth of new products
- Create, administer and analyze surveys specific to broker satisfaction, member satisfaction and employee satisfaction
- Update strategic plan in collaboration with senior leaders
- Coordinate brand awareness studies
- Lead team to creation of an internal web based competitor database
- Write detailed market studies for growth markets
- Calculate market share for all customer regions and potential customer regions
- Provide quantifiable recommendations to assist the marketing efforts for launching new products
- Write quarterly competitor updates to facilitate discussions around product pricing
Marketing Research Analyst
TITAN AMERICA, Norfolk, VA
1998 – 2007
Researched, analyzed and presented market, industry, economic and competitor data to determine strategic business decisions. Provided market forecasts to middle and upper management. Utilized mapping software to enhance data collection with visuals. Maintained competitor portfolios for acquisition due diligence. Tracked and identified industry trends. Created presentations for senior executives. Managed branding of value-added products. Directed branded product marketing campaigns. Communicated with customers via feedback surveys. Oversaw outside vendors. Consistently met tight deadlines while managing multiple projects.
Created maps using MapPoint to enhance data. Presented at monthly manager meetings. Wrote monthly executive report and market summary for business unit, incorporating financial statements and business summaries from three regions. Calculated quarterly market share for existing business and potential acquisitions. Presented market summary analysis as Word document as well as PowerPoint and oral presentations. Communicated weekly economic information. Attended economic forecast conferences annually. Drafted and distributed customer survey. Analyzed and reported results. Initiated database of competitor information for multiple states.
* Developed formulas for determining production volumes for individual producers, utilizing information for initial due diligence while examining producers for potential acquisition.
* Designed market summary analysis, including data regarding competitive, economic and demographic environments of sites.
* Conducted ongoing market analysis determining volume of ready-mix concrete, cement and fly ash at 25 mile increments of up to 200 miles around individual locations.
* Gathered data and compiled analysis for biannual truck count, establishing market share.
* Managed data from McGraw-Hill Construction, providing concrete demand for various geographic areas.
* Prepared economic reports at micro level, including building permits and values as well as economic conditions specific to individual regions.
Work Program Coordinator
THE PINES RESIDENTIAL TREATMENT CENTER, Portsmouth, VA
1995 – 1998
Wrote program newsletter. Developed participant guidelines as well as administrative policies and procedures. Worked closely with education and clinical staff to evaluate residents for placement in work program. Promoted job attainment, retention skills and positive work ethic. Taught employability skills. Served as liaison with community to ensure job development in off site work experiences. Provided leadership for restitution and community service program. Oriented and oversaw student supervisors. Ensured safe and appropriate management of students in program.
THE PINES RESIDENTIAL TREATMENT CENTER, Virginia Beach, VA
1995 – 1997
Concurrent) Taught English as a second language to adult students.
BETA CORPORATION, Virginia Beach, VA
1994 – 1995
Searched for state and federal funding sources. Compiled and analyzed labor statistics. Wrote proposals for education and training programs. Designed, printed, bound and delivered final proposal package.
ITT JOB TRAINING SERVICES, Norfolk, VA
1993 – 1994
Recruited program participants. Worked closely on job development, job placement, career counseling and case management. Monitored class attendance and performance. Taught employability and life management skills.
EASTERN SHORE LITERACY COUNCIL, Melfa, VA
1992 – 1993
Wrote PSAs for radio and print. Participated in radio interview programs. Provided financial counseling and community outreach. Was the volunteer coordinator, program recruiter and grant writer. Conducted surveys and taught economically disadvantaged adults.