CRB Caribe, San Juan, PR
May 2012 – Apr 2013
Prepare pharmaceutical equipment specifications, URS, and bid packages.
* Prepare process flow diagrams, piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs), equipment layouts, interdisciplinary reviews, and utility requirements.
Bristol-Myers Squibb, Humacao, PR, US
Aug 2005 – Jun 2009
Manage engineering projects such as manufacturing equipment upgrades and perform conceptual designs.
* Prepare documentation for capital appropriation request.
* Lead project team, coordinate meetings, prepare project schedule, develop project scope, assist in development of URS, VMP, SD, supervise installation and commissioning, and follow up on project validation including CSV.
* In projects requiring engineering design, develop the A&E scope, perform bidding, manage selected A&E firm, and review/approve SOR, BOD, IFD drawings with internal client. Also, perform construction bid, select contractor, and supervise installation and commissioning.
* Place all project requisitions, prepare monthly capital reports on project spending and status, and prepare project capitalization.
* Develop and update project drawings and Master Critical Drawings in Autocad.
Senior Process Engineer
Fluor Daniel/CAE, Guaynabo, PR
Jun 1999 – Aug 2005
Prepared P&ID As-Builts for API chemical facility. Evaluated and recommended improvements to facilities and equipment for GMP, safety, and operability.
* Lead Engineer for Conceptual Design of Water Improvements Project to address water quality issues and equipment improvements. (from well water extraction to potable water production upto purified water system).
* Lead Process Engineer for Masterplan Design for upgrades to an existing Solid Dosage Facility. Evaluated and recommended improvements to equipment for granulation, milling, tabletting, coating, and packaging.
Process Dept. Manager Fluor Daniel/CAE, Guaynabo, PR
* Preparation of engineering proposals.
* Lead process engineer on conceptual design projects.
* Technical verification of process design following the applicable codes and standards. Solid Dosage, Biotech and Bulk Chemical Designs with emphasis on Solid Dosage projects. (8 persons total)
* Manage and maximize personnel utilization by combining projects schedules and tasks. Assigned personnel to projects based on their experience and background.
* Track project deliverables, schedule, and budget via progress and performance matrix.
* Perform quality and GMP review of design.
* One particular assignment was to manage a commissioning team at a project during the construction phase. The schedule was fast-track.
Process Engineer Fluor Daniel/CAE, Guaynabo, PR
* Prepared basis of design, equipment layouts and room utilization.
* Prepare process flow diagrams, piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs), equipment specifications, and equipment datasheets,
* Participate and lead HAZOP Reviews (Hazard and Operability).
* Prepare user requirements specifications, utility requirements, and process data for instrumentation specifications.
Technical Services Engineer
IVAX Pharmaceuticals, Cidra, PR, US
Sep 1998 – Jun 1999
Product site transfers qualification.
* Qualifications of new and existing equipment (process and utilities).
Fluor Daniel/CAE, Guaynabo, PR
Nov 1995 – Sep 1998
Generate process design deliverables (P&IDs) and * Calculate and specify pressure safety devices.
CMA Architects & Engineers, San Juan, PR
Oct 1994 – Nov 1995
Responsible for environmental permits from EQB, EPA, DRNA.
* Performed a wastewater treatability study with anaerobic bacteria.
Terra Vac, San Juan, PR
Jun 1994 – Aug 1994
Environmental cleanup of soil contaminated with hydrocarbons.
Biochemical Engineering Lab Assistant
MIT, Cambridge, MA
Aug 1993 – May 1994
Participated in product development of pharmaceutical drugs by performing fermentations of different yeast and bacteria. Analyzed rate of cell and product growth.