Client: GameStop Corporation, Grapevine, Texas 02/07 – 05/07
Project: Advanced Point-Of-Sale Application
Using: Visual Basic 6, Visual C# 2.0, SQL Server 2003, ASP.NET 2.0
Aided in the development and debugging of the Advanced Point-Of-Sale (APOS) application for GameStop Corporation. To manage sales and inventory, each GameStop retail outlet employs one or more APOS terminals, a windows-based, menu-driven cash register and human resource and inventory management system that combines modules written in both C# and VB6. In addition to ringing up and recording purchases, each APOS system receives inventory update files that must be processed, and also manages all of that store’s employee information.
- Wrote and tested C#.NET code employing regular expressions to restrict text entry to regular (non-extended) ASCII characters when a configurable toggle is enabled.
- Added control validation and other C# logic to ensure the proper “smart generation” of unique Employee ID’s from the Employee’s first, middle, and last names on the Employee Add and Employee Edit screens of the Employee Maintenance plug-in.
- Using VB6, altered import executable to construct and fill a “LastPriceChange” table in the Items database to record price changes for both new and used items upon the receipt of price change file via polling.
- Designed, implemented, and tested code for the automatic printing of price change labels at APOS start-up. The code queries both the “LastPriceChange” and “SKU” tables to detect any recent price changes and passes all needed information to the LabelPrinting form.
- Designed, implemented, and tested the LabelPrinting form, which walks the user, by use of a series of instructional dialog boxes, though the multi-step process of loading the label printer and verifying the printing of new labels for both new and used items.
- Redesigned the GenList form to allow for more information to be displayed for Price Change Reports. Designed, implemented, and tested a date picker GUI to aid the user in selecting the desired set of price changes, with actions allowed or disallowed based on configurable parameters. Allowed the printing of price change labels from the GenList form by writing code to provide all needed information to the LabelPrinting form, detailed above.
Client: Zales Corporation, Irving, TX 01/07 – 02/07
Project: Design Product Information Worksheet
As part of a design team, developed Design Product Information Worksheet Wizard for Zale Corporation. The wizard was designed to walk vendors through the steps necessary to enter each prospective piece of jewelry’s entire set of characteristics, and to allow vendors to save results to a Zale’s centralized database and retrieve previously entered items for editing.
- Developed Search.aspx user interface page for project allowing user to select parameters to search jewelry item database and display result items (and their characteristics) in a sortable GridView.
- Wrote all SQL stored procedures and required business logic
- Developed Stone and Bead user interface modules for project allowing user to select and enter characteristics for the proposed jewelry item, and to view and/or edit existing items in the Zale database.
Client: Alcon, Fort Worth, TX 10/06 – 12/06
Project: Toric and Phakic Calculators, and Alcon Language Translation Utility
Using: VB.NET, ASP.NET, ASP.NET 2.0, Visual SourceSafe
Alcon has two applications, Toric and Phakic Calculators, which assist physicians in selecting a Toric or Phakic IOL (inter ocular lens).
- Upgraded both applications from a .NET 1.1 Framework to .NET 2.0 Framework,, and added new user interface using interface features per requirements
- Transferred all culture specific display text from .resx files to XML files for easy editing
- Modified the applications to run in a Secured Socket Layer-only environment
- Provided technical specification document.
Developed a language translation utility that allowed administrators to develop cultural specific xml files for the Toric and Phakic calculators via a custom user interface using templates, allowing new languages to be added to the calculator applications without recompiling them.
- Designed, developed, and tested the Language Translation Utility forms and supporting business logic
- Created culture-specific XML files
- Provided technical specification document and user manual.
Client: Southwest Corporate Federal Credit Union, Plano, TX 07/06 - 08/06
Project: Genesis X9.37 Import/Export System
Using: .Visual C#.NET 2.0, XML, SQL Server 2005
Assisted in the development of a system to import x9.37 files, a Banking ANSII standard for transmitting check clearing data from one bank to another, into SCFCU’s proprietary system.
- Added numerous forms, dialogs, display grids, and additional functionality to the check clearing administrative application that upgraded existing functionality in adding batches of check data, as well as provided new functionality for processing these batches.