Las Vegas, Nevada
4/2004 - 1/2009
Harrah's Entertainment offers the best casinos & hotels in Las Vegas, Atlantic City & more, including Caesars Palace, Bally's & Paris Las Vegas -
Key results: Achieved accounting procedure for handling business licensing, ERM organization of files, and auditing process. Improved work flow in calculating, posting, verifying financial data to use and maintain account records. Sets up and maintains complex record and filing system of A/P vendor files and other financial records including purchase orders and invoices for retrieval or review by purchasing administrators.
Accounting Clerk II
- Performed GL functions, handling four properties - prepaid accounts,
- Business Licensing & Property Tax for County and State,
- Oversaw ERM scanning for GL Dept for Journals and other financial reports,
- Prepared monthly journal entries and reconciling of accounts.
- Processed and handled checks, production documentation and schedules.
- Assisted in Administrative task and duties that help improve workflow for GL area.
- Initially handled auditing duties for Non-gaming Revenue for various outlets.
- Evaluated vendor invoices and settled all unpaid invoice
- Helped in preparation of financial statements including budgets, billings and cost reports.
- Responsible to handle cash and cash related transactions, record and type money list, issue receipts and balance cash fund
- Handled Revenue Audit for all properties under Harrah's Entertainment (Paris, Bally's, CLV, FLV, HLV, Bills, and Rio Property); Duties include all non gaming revenue (Retail, F&B, Box Office, Business Center-Spa and Wedding Chapel).
- Examine and analyze daily revenue for assigned outlets to detect discrepancy, duplicate, non compliance transactions based on management policies.
- . Reviews accounts for all cash variances in a timely manner.
- Calculates, and prepare detailed reports on spreadsheets on audit findings.
- Inspect and reviews cash envelopes daily and confirm records are accurate.
- Examine other financial records such as receipts, tickets, and reports to ensure recording of transactions are complete and accurate