Software QA Tester
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Fort Meade, MD
Sep 2010 – Dec 2012
Environment: Windows XP, UNIX, IIS, IE, Oracle 11g, 10g, C, C++, DOORS, LoadRunner, Quick Test Pro (QTP), Quality Center (QC).
* Prepared and reviewed Quality Control strategy and test plan.
* Created and reviewed test cases based on the objective of QC strategy.
* Worked with application development and product development teams to produce and implement all testing artefacts including, but not limited to; Test Strategy, Test Plans, Test Scripts, Test Data, Test Execution Results and Defects.
* Setup the testing environment and involved in both manual and Automation testing.
* Implemented Black box, Navigation, Functional, User interface, Security, Data driven, Configuration, System, Regression, User acceptance testing.
* Created queries and stored procedures using SQL.
* Created the environment for automation testing and designing the strategy for complete test coverage.
* Analyzed the requirements and designed detailed test cases.
* Developed automation scripts in Quick Test Professional (QTP) to automate smoke and regression testing.
* If issues were identified with any project, bugs were entered in the project bug reporting system and a decision was made to determine whether the project should proceed to production deployment.
* Managed the testing process, schedule batch tests, log and track defects using Quality Center.
* Co-coordinated with System Analysts, Development & Test Teams to review Test Plans, Test Cases, and requirement standards & resolve issues including User Acceptance Testing.
* Performed Functional, Regression, Integration and End-to-end testing using QuickTest Pro.
* Developed and executed various VB scripts, loading and unloading GUI map files, created GUI Check points, Data Base check points, Implementing Data Driven Test and Synchronizations and automated web application using QuickTest Pro.
* Optimized QTP scripts for Regression testing of the application with various data sources and data types.
* Mapped the custom objects to the standard objects where necessary, and inserted GUI, Bitmap and Text checkpoints where needed, to compare the current behavior of the application being tested to its behavior in the earlier version using QuickTest Pro (QTP).
* Parameterized the fixed values in checkpoint statements, created data tables for the parameters and wrote functions for the parameters to read new data from the table upon each iteration - Performed Data-driven testing.
* Performed End-to-End Systems Regression Test, Readiness Review, and test results analysis.
* Involved in Performance and Stress testing.
* Performance tuning as needed and smoke tests were executed to fix any testing issue.
* Performed scorecard testing consists of a one-user load requesting a list of web pages. The objective was to ensure that the threshold values based on the page categories are not exceeded in the following areas: Response Time, Number of Objects per page, and Page Size.
* Emphasis on performance as an optimization task; analyzed performance issues, bottlenecks, and inefficient systems utilization.
* Ensured that performance and stability capabilities met or exceeded loosely defined operational and business SLAs.
* Identified functionality and performance issues, including: deadlock conditions, database connectivity problems, and system crashes under load.
* Provided management and vendor with analysis reports and recommendations, which resulted in a redesign of the architecture by the vendor. Communicated with the vendor to resolve issues.
* Confirmed the scalability of proxy servers and application under test after the architecture redesign.
* Actively participated in the team meeting with the developer and business analyst.
Software Test Engineer
PNC Financial Services Group, Inc, Pittsburgh, PA
Jun 2008 – Jun 2008
June 2008 to August 20010
* Analyzed systems design specifications and developed Test Plans, Test Cases to cover overall quality assurance testing.
* Performed Manual Testing for usability and compatibility of the custom Web application.
* Performed end to end testing for Regression, Integration and database testing manually.
* Worked with Use cases and requirements to write the test plan and test cases.
* Manually executed test cases and reported results to development teams.
* Performed manual GUI test for Data entry screen in the Application.
* Accessed data from Oracle database using SQL scripts.
* Validated reports developed using Crystal Reports.
* Performed defect tracking for the bugs in the application that included documentation, tracking and re-validating defects that helped developers to track the problem and resolve the technical issues.
* Involved in Preparing test plans and prepared the test cases and test scripts.
* Responsible for creating and executing test cases for System, Integration, Regression and End-to-End, User acceptance testing of the Application.
* Executed the tests manually to verify the application functionality.
* Used Quality Center for error (defects) reporting and communicating between developers, product support and test team members.
* Extensively used QTP for creating automated scripts for GUI, Functional and Regression test of AUT.
* Identified the performance requirements and created the load and stress test environment using Performance Center.
* Analyzed the results using Performance Center.
* Conducted System testing to ensure the system functions will meet the business needs and establishment of preliminary work instructions.
* Verified and closed bug reports once they are resolved.
* Provided recommendations to the application owner on steps to meet performance goals.
* Performance tuning was conducted to ensure that each of the layers is optimally tuned: Environment, Infrastructure, Application, Data, and Platform. Types of tuning include:
GEICO, Chevy Chase, MD
Jul 2006 – May 2008
Environment: C#, SQL Server, Quick Test Pro (QTP), ClearQuest, RequisitePro, TestManager, Windows XP.
* Analyzed and defined clients' needs and requirements for the software, defined the quality assurance objectives.
* Created and executed Test Plans, Test cases for the project performance, functional, regression, verification, acceptance, GUI and usability tests.
* Developed Automated Test Scripts to perform Functional Testing.
* Enhanced the recorded scripts to resolve synchronization. Enhanced recorded test scripts using Checkpoints, Synchronization, parameterization.
* Implemented procedures for making QA and development more efficient.
* Worked on SQL and PL/SQL and performed backend validations.
* Performed backend testing on Oracle, executed various DDL and DML statement.
* Reported software anomalies and defects using ClearQuest Bug Tracking system.
* Replicated the problem and created replication log.
* Updated the SR (Service Request) database.
* Updated the SR tracking system using Rational ClearQuest.
* Entered requirements in Rational RequisitePro.
* Closed the SR and created Patch promotion.
* Created the test data and scheduled the test execution.