Opened private practice in 2004, managing a law firm specializing in bankruptcy, debt
settlement, matrimonial law, family law, criminal law, real estate, and estate planning services. Demonstrate subject
matter expertise when meeting with and counseling clients, recommending the most advantageous courses of
action. Follow up to successful case closure. Draft, review, and file bankruptcy and divorce petitions. Construct
amendments to schedules, diverse motions, and orders to show cause. Prepare referees' reports, final judgments,
complaints, and property settlement agreements. Represent clients in court hearings; negotiate and resolve varied
divorce issues. Supervise activities of up to three employees.
- Business Startup: Built practice from ground up, developing business plan and operating systems and establishing peer and judicial relationships.
- Relationship Building: Interact effectively with business owners, executives, corporate managers, outside legal counsel, creditors, and individuals in order to resolve legal and finance matters for clients.
- Revenue & Business Growth: Doubled gross income in five years to $200,000 and opened three offices.
- Finances: Set up financial systems and personally direct all accounting operations.
- Marketing: Oversee all marketing activities to increase local visibility and promote services.
- Legal Services: Assist clients with a broad range of services, including bankruptcy, divorce, family law,
criminal law, real estate, DWI, wills, personal injury, and estate planning.
- Noteworthy Cases: Among a long list of successful case resolutions, memorable results included
eliminating $100,000 in credit card debt while enabling clients to retain a $200,000 401(k) plan, successfully
arguing that $75,000 in client gambling debts should be discharged and not be considered abuse under the current bankruptcy statute, and obtaining lifetime maintenance for a permanently disabled divorce client.
- Technology: Avoided duplication, saved time, and streamlined operations by setting up a computer