September, 2006 - June, 2007 Aga Khan Development Network Kashmir, India.
Assistant to the Programme Director
Worked as Assistant to the Programme Director with (NGO) Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), at Srinagar - Kashmir. The AKDN is a group of private, non-denominational, international development agencies. The network is grounded in ethics of inclusiveness, compassion, sharing, self-reliance, respect for health and life, the cultivation of sound and enlightened mind, and humanity's collective responsibility for a sustainable physical, social and cultural environment. The agencies address problems experienced by all citizens, irrespective of race, ethnicity, gender or religion. Together they collaborate in working towards a common goal - to build programmes and institutions that improve the welfare and prospects of people in countries of the developing world, particularly in Asia and Africa.
Kashmir October 2005 Earthquake - Reconstruction and rehabilitation programme
AKDN initiated in April 2006 a rehabilitation and reconstruction programme in 17 villages in Baramulla District, one of the two districts in the state worst affected by the earthquake. AKDN assisting communities to rebuild physical infrastructure such as homes and select public buildings; enhancing and diversifying livelihood opportunities; improving health and sanitation and building community capacity for disaster preparedness and mitigation.
Main Duties And Responsibilities
To provide consistent higher-level support; organizational, administrative, logistical and research support to the Programme Director, Assist with cultivating and deepening relationships with relevant individuals and agencies:
- Organize all incoming correspondence to the Programme Director - reviewing and synthesizing as required;
- Assist the Programme Director to respond to mail, email and telephone calls;
- Assist the Programme Director with oversight and streamlining of practices and systems and establishing effective procedures to increase the efficiency of the officer;
- Maintain regular contact and liaison with key contacts and agencies as directed by the Programme Director;
- Provide effective organizational and logistical support to the Programme Director, including various administrative and secretarial duties;
- Be responsible for organizing all appointments, travel arrangements and related logistics for the Programme Director;
- Act as a filter for all visitors, enquiries, telephone calls and contracts for the Programme Director;
- Make necessary arrangements in advance and keep track of all appointments and meeting providing feedback and reminders on a regular basis to the Programme Director;
- Provide information updates to the Programme Director during visits outside the state;
- Provide support to the Programme Director for all internal and external meetings;
- Assist the Programme Director in taking care of logistics for the AKDN members visiting the state viz. travel bookings and stay arrangements, meeting venue bookings and coordination;
- Undertake specific research tasks assigned by the Programme Director;
- Provide support for any other task as assigned by the Programme Director;