ACI Worldwide is an Enterprise, global provider of electronic payments solutions for the world's top financial institutions, retailers and payment processors. Customers rely on ACI software and services to deliver reliable, scalable and secure payment services , transactions every second, every day.
- Create & maintain Oracle databases across multiple platforms.
- Builds included everything from configuring the Solaris, AIX and HP-UX environments, installing Oracle software and patching to desired levels including one off patches, creating instances, recompiling invalid objects, recalculating statistics.
- Develop, Implement and administer database policies and procedures.
- Applied patches and migrated databases from one platform to another , along with upgrade from
Oracle 9i to 10g and maintain an updated platform matrix.
- Worked with developers and troubleshoot applications issues.
- Increased company's main application performance, by providing proactive tuning and setting
database maintenance plan for mission critical application running
- Conducted optimization and performance tuning of database, SGA and space management.
- Managed archived redo files, loading data for users by using SQL*Loader
- Set up Cron jobs to monitor file systems usage, archive logs, backup logs, periodically clean up these
file systems, and also monitor RMAN Hot Backup Scripts.
- Tuned Oracle Initialization Parameters.
- Support developers in tuning Database and applications for optimal performance.
- Upgrade, analyze and testing of the test and production database.
- Created database physical/logical layout design and procedures for production,
development, test servers.
- Performed capacity planning to create and maintain the database environments.
- Gathered Database Instance Statistics & generated reports using STATSPACK
- Design and implement database backup and recovery procedures using RMAN and Data pump.
- Creating and maintaining table spaces, tables, indexes, users, roles, privileges and security.
- Configuration of server with OLTP system, runtime connection & load balancing.
- Tuned the multiple databases for Performance. Involved in security audit of databases and servers.
- Implemented security protocols for the database.
- Provided 24x7 on-call support for production and Test databases.
Environment: Oracle RAC 10g, OEM 11g, RedHat Linux, DataGuard , Oracle RAC 9.2.0, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Loader, Oracle 9i, Windows NT, Unix Sun Solaris 9 and IBM AIX 5.3, 6.1 servers, Lotus Notes, Salesforce, Rational change , Google corporate email.