Title: Activity Cost Environment (ACE)
Client: American President Lines (APL)
Description: The project involved development, maintenance & enhancement of the various web application used for tracking the shipment, cost and revenue generated by the client. The design and development done during this project were mainly on J2EE applications. The database used was Oracle and IBM DB2. The project also involved providing support for reports generated for the client.
- Gathered and analyzed user requirements and translated them into system solutions using Rational Rose (UML).
- Prepared Architecture specification and Detailed Design document.
- Used Rational Rose for Class, Relationship modeling and Design for Data bean
- Developed Business components using Java Beans and database connections using JDBC.
- Developed data validation & persistency components to export valid data to database.
- Wrote the presentation layer in Java Server Pages (JSP).
- Involved in Servlet programming and JSP scripting for the communication between web browser and server.
- Developed code for handling the exceptions and converting them to Action Messages.
- Developed business logic using Business Delegate that delegates to corresponding service.
- Used Test driven development and agile methodology.
- Did Unit testing using JUnit for the code developed and Integration testing.
- Designed and developed several web interfaces to connect to the systems and reports.
- Involved in the performance tuning and Optimization of the queries and procedures.
- Handled user interaction and by conducting frequent meetings with them.
- Participated in the high level and detailed design of the application. Performed Object Oriented Analysis and Design to design required object for the application.
- Analyzed existing data model to support new requirements and worked with DBA's to make new database changes.
- Responsible for developing new features while maintaining the existing functionality.
- Designed and developed various report using WEBFOCUS and Actuate.