Managed Oracle database administration assignments for diverse DOD clients. Enhance database performance, perform restores, implement recovery procedures, handle performance tuning and conduct regular system backups. Ensure technical and functional designs meet business requirements.
- Created a PL/SQL script to restructure an input text file consisting of a header, detail, and trailer records and later imported into a table. Used various Oracle functions to accomplish this task. Design procedures to sync Oracle text data within the database. Generated reporting scripts to list targeted information for analysis of distribution data. Created scripts and triggers to purge data from several tables.
- Create roles, privileges and assigned roles to users. Used Explain Plan to monitor execution plans on SQL statements. Use utilities like Oracle Enterprise Manager and TKPROF to help optimize the database to achieve best performance.
- Designed new schemas from specifications. Create replication between Oracle databases using database links and Materialized Views. Upon request, used SQL Developer and SQL Navigator tools to perform the required modifications and unit testing of user stored procedures, functions, SQL scripts and packages. Created and managed stored packages, procedures, functions, triggers, sequences, and views.
- Imported and exported selected data from external databases and flat files into production and test environment using SQL Loader and database replication.
- Monitor and resolve all serious Oracle alert log messages. Monitor and maintain Oracle Logical Storage, test implementing Oracle patches and upgrades. Perform automation of administrative task using Oracle Scheduling. Performed backup and restore using RMAN and OEM tool. Installed and configured Linux servers in an Oracle10g Real Application Cluster and DBMS environment. These efforts support JFCOM DCGS-A systems which replicate data across the enterprise and extract information on message data.