Interim Systems Manager for the corporate division. Lead a team of 7 engineers in hardware, network and storage design, project support, setup and delivery, and configuration for a multi domain environment
- Responsible for project resource allocation, planning, scheduling and budget tracking, vendor management and software procurement.
- Enterprise Agreement Group Board Representative for the Corporate Technology division
- Communicate divisional goals, ideas and gaps and Manage divisional IT projects
- Negotiate, research and procure Systems Engineering infrastructure software and hardware
- Technical lead on various projects such as, Business Continuity (DR), VSphere ESX4.0, Citrix (XenApp, XenDesktop, XenServer)
- Prepare and propose High-Level presentations to board members/executives
- Design, architect, and implement Disaster Recovery plan for subsidiary company in London
- Support HP BL465, 495, and 685c class blades in the VMware and Citrix environment utilizing VLAN tagging, Virtual Connect Manager and Online Administrator on C7000 Enclosures
Integration & Relationship Mgmt.:
- Act as the I.S. liaison and integrate 3 offshore sites to the corporate site.
- Responsible for integrating all offshore companies into internal systems and defining process and procedures for future integration.
- Interface with offshore management to plan, coordinate business continuity and disaster recovery. Integration was delivered successfully and delivered 15% ahead of schedule
Enterprise Project Delivery:
- Lead a cross-functional team to implement a $4.9M virtualization initiative to reduce operating expenses and improve time to market, and SLAs.
- Garner support from the steering committee and technology departments by providing a virtualization roadmap using VMware and Citrix XenDesktop and XenApp, HP Blade Center, and tier storage for business critical applications.
- Identify cost savings opportunities of $3.4M over 3-4 years through energy grid efficiency, application density, and increased productivity
- Design, implement, and support VMware environment for multiple domains
o Implement performance tuning and best practices for VMWare
o VSphere, VCB, HA, DRS, memory and CPU utilization, resource management, network and data failover/redundancy, RDM, physical to virtual clusters, cluster management, security, Active Directory integration
o SAN best practices, LUN and zoning, snapshots
o SVmotion, VMotion, VDI
o Performance enhancements and overall health of ESX servers
Implementation of multi-million dollar enterprise EMC VMAX and NetApp for critical applications:
- Lead team of storage engineers and EMC Project Managers in hardware and LUN design, scheduling, delivery and setup and configuration for tier 1 applications.
- Author of project plan and project timelines, resource management and budget tracking and reporting.
- Identify risks and application dependencies.
- Successfully migrate all data from old SAN insured a smooth transition in 8 months.