- Took over on a project on IVU tax (Sales and Use tax) in order to get the company to compliance and minimize high penalties.
- Determined the elements of risk
- Collected and filed the Merchant's registry certificate, the IVU Tax exemption
certificate, and the Certificate of exempt purchases required by law
- Designed and conducted the test scripts necessary to audit and validate the SAP
- Worked closely with key personnel within the organization to move the project to completion
- Studied the IVU tax law and summarized the elements that regards to Mars type of business
- Presently implementing the SAP changes and documenting the processes related to the IVU tax
PEPSICO MANUFACTURING INTERNATIONAL LIMITED
Cidra, PR 00739
Accounts Payable Supervisor
July of 2009 - April of 2011
- Oversee the accumulation, auditing and processing for payment of all invoices for goods and services paid.
- Ensure that day-to-day operating procedures performed by the clerical staff are
consistent with the design features and limitations of the automated system.
- Provide vendors with information regarding the status of paid/unpaid invoices,
purchase orders and budgetary compliance.
- Prepare monthly operating accruals.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts.
- Lend support in the explanation of budget/actual variances on a monthly basis.
- Conduct SOX and internal control test scripts related to accounting and finance
area (Purchase to Payable and Financial Reporting).
- Provide support to the cost accounting department in the explanation of variances,
physical count and various analysis as requested.
AFS USA, Inc. (American Field Services)
New York, New York
Senior Manager for Accounting Operations
June of 2007 - June of 2009
- Provided leadership and coordination of the monthly close process for Finance
- Managed the process of accounting for intercompany transactions (AFS USA) and its foreign operations around the world.
- Managed the process of calculating transfer prices and accounting for intercompany transactions between the various legal entities involved in the supply
- Managed accounting functions and prepare reports and statistics detailing financial
- Established and maintained accounting practices to ensure accurate and reliable
data necessary for business operations.
- Supervised and trained of 3 to 4 staff members.
- Reviewed, approved and released all journal entries for Accounts Payable, Accounts
Receivable and General ledger.
- Maintained attendance and vacation schedules of staff.
- Managed any staff issues & prepared annual reviews.
- Coordinated with other Accounting Managers for consolidation of data
- Presented any procedure & policy changes.
- Ensured resolution of held invoices and POs older than 60 days.
- Assisted in the A133 annual governmental audits.
- Conducted due diligence analysis and review work assigned to staff.
- Dealt with external auditors on a yearly basis.
- Coordinated daily banking and bank reconciliations.
- Approved invoices without original invoice and/or purchase order for properties
completed by staff,
- Ensured prompt payment of invoices to guarantee late fees were not incurred.
- Maintained listing of commercial leases to ensure appropriate accountability.
- Reviewed and approved manual invoices
- Reviewed and approved all journal entries (JE) before release.
- Produced consolidated variance analysis.
- Prepared monthly financial statement package.
- Coordinated quarterly and year-end requirements.
- Reviewed all adjustments requiring Restricted Changes before presenting to the Finance Director.
- Coordinated distribution of monthly income statements to Operations.
- Managed the accounting cycle operations for grants and participant revenues.
- Provided guidance and managed staff during the entire accounting cycle.
- Conducted annual performance evaluations to staff.
AFFINITY HEALTH PLAN
Bronx, NY 10458
October of 2004 - June of 2007
- Revised and approved all transactions within the general ledger unit.
- Prepared and revised Financial Statements.
- Revised budget variances and approve proper adjustments.
- Conducted annual performance evaluations to staff.
- Reduced 90% of the time for preparation of cash reconciliations
- Converted financial statements previously generated in Excel to Automated
Financial Statements through FRx.
- Provided key support for the accounting department in the transition from the SBT
accounting system to Solomon accounting system (chart of accounts restructure,
testing in the AP, AR, & GL modules, balance brought forward validations, etc.)
October of 2002 - September of 2004
- Prepared monthly revenue reports, regular and recurring entries, fixed assets,
administrative expense accruals, accounts receivable subsequent cash entries, inter- company charge entries, allocation of administrative expenses to lines of business, and the entire accounting cycle.
- Reconciled operating and checking cash accounts.
- Recorded investment portfolio transactions: Premium, Discounts, Realized and
Unrealized gain and losses.
- Prepared Financial Statements and supporting schedules on a monthly basis.
THE CLOROX COMMERCIAL COMPANY OF PR
Bayamon, PR 00959
Senior General/Financial Accountant
June of 1999 - August of 2002
- Reconciled general ledger accounts on a monthly basis.
- Prepared inter-company notes to subsidiaries across US and Central America.
- Prepared Excise tax returns on a monthly basis to the local office of the Department of treasury.
- Computed exportation commissions, merchandising fees, and direct sales
commissions payable to distributors as a part of trade marketing strategies.
- Prepared quarterly reports.
- Entered journal entries and adjustments during closing periods.
- Lent support in the loading of data from the main database (MAS90) to headquarters' database (Hyperion/Essbase) on a monthly basis Helped the Budget Department in the explanation of variances between the actual and forecasted numbers.
Accounts Payable Accountant
May of 1998 - June of 1999
- Handled the entire Accounts Payable Cycle.
- Posted journal entries and accruals into the General Ledger module.
- Gave assistance with the monthly closing periods by preparing and posting the necessary journal entries and accruals as well as making other account analyses
related to the accounts payable module.
LAZOFF, ME SALVE, INC.
Toa Baja, PR 00950
General Staff Accountant
January of 1997 - March of 1998
- Prepared Bank Reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Recorded Journal Entries to the General Ledger to Register: fixed assets,
depreciation expenses, account receivables, payroll, FUTA, monthly sales, purchases and discounts, merchandise transfers, differed expenses (amortization of municipal
patents, worker's compensation, tangible assets, and prepaid items), and all
- Prepared journal entries for transactions not accounted for through the voucher's
- Recorded journal entries to register bank deposits, returned checks and charges.
- Prepared inter-company checks and analyzed the entire General Ledger for three
different companies before monthly closing.
NABISCO BRANDS OF PUERTO RICO,
Toa Baja, PR 00949
Credit and Collections Clerk
April of 1996 - December of 1996
- Entered payments to the accounts receivable module using AS 400.
- Reconciled bank deposits (on a daily basis) against sales' reports.
- Input credit sales' invoices.
- Gave maintenance to the accounts receivable master file.
PFIZER PHARMACEUTICALS, INC.
Cost Accountant Analyst
September of 1994 - February of 1995
- Reconciled company's product's accounts (Stock Status, Inventory and PPV
- Balanced transactional accounts.
- Conducted physical inventory counts periodically.
- Made monthly Sales Report to Headquarters using spreadsheet programs.
- Made adjustments to finished goods inventory, as needed.