Abu Dhabi, UAE
A government hospital with 130 beds operated by the Abu Dhabi Health Services Co. The Physical therapy
Department consists of a gym for ladies, a gym for men and 5 treatment rooms. Physiotherapy services are
provided for walk in, in and outpatients.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Provides an individualized treatment program with an emphasis on restoring abilities and diminishing disability, maximizing the patient's level of function.
- Maintains proper and accurate documentation of patient's progress and management.
- Screens for changes in condition (improvement or decline) which would warrant therapy intervention.
- Establishes in-patient treatment plan involving extensive rehabilitation techniques
- Facilitates patient's discharge planning and develops interdisciplinary team strategies to meet discharge goals, and adequately preparing the patient for discharge.
- Provides proper information to patients as well as caregivers and family members regarding discharge instructions
- Average Caseload: 10-18 cases/day
Cases treated: Out - Patient:
- Cerebral Palsy, CVA
- Torticollis, Scoliosis
- Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson's Disease
- Traumatic Brain Injuries, Spinal Cord Injuries
- Peripheral Vascular Disease, Low Back Pain
- Cervical Radiculopathies, Myofascial Pain Syndrome
- Adhesive Capsulitis, Ligamentous and Meniscal injuries
- Bursitis, Sprains and Strains, Rotator Cuff Tendinitis
- Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Post THR & TKR, Fractures, Osteoporosis
- Arthritic conditions (RA, OA, Gout, JRA, Ankylosing Spondylitis)
- Plantar Fasciitis
In - Patient:
- Post stroke
- OB-GYNE cases (post Caesarian)
- COPD, CRPD
- Post RTA
- Brachial Plexus Injuries
- Provides ROM, therapeutic exercises, endurance and strength training, gait training and mobility exercises to both in-patients and out-patients.
- Uses variety physical agents and provides a wide range of therapeutic exercises: CPM machine, diathermy, cryotherapy, massage, neuro probe, muscle stimulation, TENS, tilt table endurance, etc.
- Provide treatment modalities such as ultrasound, hot and cold packs, electrical stimulation, shortwave diathermy, LASER, microwave, Infrared lamp, etc.
December 2000 - May 2001
Processing for Middle East position