Gardener, Washington, DC
2011 – Current
- Performed routine maintenance and repair of grounds to include
- Acting for higher graded supervisor maintenance workers or tradesmen engineer and safety in the performance of their work; ability to work with co-workers who experience difficulty understanding complex directions; receives work assignments from the supervisor and plans and carries out the work according to the schedule or project assignment, keeping with the framework of established gardening practices to ensure that completed work meets acceptable standards;
- performed minor carpentry repairs using simple measures and hand tools on such tasks an replacing broken planks on picnic tables, broken windows using precut stock; minor adjustments or replaces hinges, latches and catches; performed minor painting using brush and roller according to specific instructions.
- Performed plumbing repairs such as tightening or replacing in-kind fittings and fixtures which do not require custom fitting replaces liquid petroleum gas bottles.
- Received, unloaded, and processed incoming shipments according to established procedures. Reported discrepancies and damage to supervisors or contractors.
- Performed routine maintenance of trails using hand tools to re-grade and reset barriers to restore areas to original appearances; Gained knowledge of plants and gardening procedures to decide when and which standard method to use; Gained Collects trash.
- Operated a forklift to load and unload supplies and light equipment not requiring special rigging.
- Cleaned and serviced chemical toilets, restrooms, and other visitor facilities made repairs as needed and refers complex problems to specialists.
3901 Lakota Road
Alexandria, VA 22303
Maintenance Worker/Gardener, 2011 -Present (Continuation)
National Park Service, Washington, DC
- Pruned and trimmed trees and shrubs to obtain the shape, size and desired growth characteristics, and to remove diseased limbs or excess branches.
- Transplanted trees, shrubs, flowers and other plants by digging proper sized holes and preparing the soil to receive the plants. Removed the plant taking care not to damage the roots and removed sufficient soil to insure its continued growth in the new location.
- Computed quantities of plants, seeds and other materials needed for specific projects.
- Determined when plants need additional watering and how long they should be watered.
- Selected and sprayed area with herbicides, fungicides and insecticides for the control of plant diseases, plant insects, and weeds using personal protection equipment and following manufactures directions.
- Cut grass and trimmed hedges using either hand or power equipment.
- Fertilized, watered, and seeded turf areas, and removed rocks, leaves, trash and debris from landscaped areas.
- Operated various types of motor vehicles (e.g., pickup trucks and dump trucks) to transport supplies and materials to work sites. Work conditions were outside in ponds, wetlands, field areas and woods, as well as indoor in aquatic and other green houses.
- Operated farm-type tractors with attached equipment such as; rotary or flail mowers, augers, tillers, etc., in the performance of the gardener duties.
- Ensure employees and visitors safety through job evaluation equipment checks and communications. Critical as one employee had difficulty understanding directions
Rotunda Condominiums, McLean, VA
2010 – 2011
Worked with maintenance crew and contractors. Assisted with all aspects of carpentry and maintenance to include lighting, plumbing, painting, drywall repairs, and repaired equipment and service vehicles. Also, performed ground maintenance to include snow removal, planting, watering and removal of trees, shrubs and plants.
Supervisory Maintenance Technician
Leghume & Norman, Arlington, VA
2007 – 2010
Supervised a crew of four employees and various off-site contractors to perform maintenance work to include all aspects of carpentry and maintenance to include masonry, roofing, plumbing, sewer lines, electrical, and installation of hot water heaters. Also, performed ground maintenance to include snow removal, lawn mowing, maintaining the sprinkler system, tree pruning and removal.
Embassy Suites, Alexandria, VA
2006 – 2007
Performed various hotel maintenance tasks and projects to support the guests at Embassy Suites. Also, maintained the trees and plants in the atrium of the hotel.
3901 Lakota Road
Alexandria, VA 22303
Heavy Equipment Operator/Mechanic
Virginia Paving, Alexandria, VA
2003 – 2006
Worked on Beltway 495 paving project to include the operation of heavy equipment i.e, road pavers, D8/D9 dozers, caterpillar excavators, bobcat skid steers, front-end loaders, and backhoes. Also, performed mechanical repairs of the heavy equipment.
1998 – 2003
utility department 1998-2003
Cleand up the aircraft cabin on arrivals empty and cleand lavatory
Marchald and pushd back aircraft empty and filld with drinking water removed fod from and around aircraft performed aircraft security operated baggage carts and hyster push back tugs disposed lavatory waste at designated area operated jet ways hookd airstart power unitand ac units to the aircraft helpd load and unload passengers moved aircraft from the hanger to the jetway