Collaborative Threat Reduction, an agency within Department of Defense (CTR)-DoD, and Teledyne Brown, Inc.
Lead Cost Estimator at Teledyne Brown as Subcontractor to SAIC from 2006 to 2010 and retained when Booz Allen Hamilton took over contract from SAIC - Assigned to CTR-DoD
Charged with estimating construction projects with budgeted costs ranging from $1M to $450M. Direct a staff of 7 Cost Estimators. Hire and manage EPC Junior and Senior Cost Analysts and/or Estimators; train each in developing IGCEs, negotiating proposals, and reducing costs for overseas projects.
Evaluate materials, equipment, labor, and indirect rates to accurately estimate project costs. Assisted CTR's Contracting Department in sourcing Contractors by developing IGCE against requirements and negotiating costs to ensure best value for the government agency. Concluded all projects on time and with high-level of accuracy.
- Completed more than $1B in 300+ estimating projects in more than 25 countries.
- Saved more than $50M in costs per year on a $500M a year program budget for 7 years.
- Created databases by country and contractor specific cost data that are now used for audits by the DCAA and DCMA.
- Cut costs 20% from a $40M project for Nuclear Security Training Center construction for Russia and China, as well as for building and infrastructure construction of Nuclear Weapons Storage and Security, and Automated Inventory Control System for CTR Global Nuclear Security. Conducted all negotiations to achieve cost reductions, and received awards for this savings.
- Estimated and negotiated costs for Biosafety Level (BSL) -3, BSL-2 Lab Construction, Sustainment and Training for the Regional Biological Institutes of Georgia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, and Armenia for the CTR Biological Threat Reduction Program.
- Successfully estimated and directed the 1st sole-source contract to a Russian contractor for missile and silo elimination facilities and infrastructure. CTR continues sole-source contracting for submarine dismantlement and fuel elimination facilities based on this contracting strategy.
- Created parametric modeling, estimates, and methodology for border security equipment, surveillance buildings, ship upgrades, and radars for Uzbekistan, Ukraine, and Kazakhstan for the CTR Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) Proliferation Prevention Program.
Aditya S. Alurkar